2024 4CC Women's SP--We're Not in Kaunas Any More

sk9tingfan

Thorngren’s time violation put her outside the final group. Fix it, please.
Love her but she consistently gets edge calls and under-rotations. she had a time violation in a prior competition this year.

Is a new coach in order?

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Love her but she consistently gets edge calls and under-rotations. she had a time violation in a prior competition this year.

Is a new coach in order?
The women's World Champion has never even attempted to do a proper triple Lutz. Finishing the program on time has to do with the skater keeping pace, especially if it ends right at the allotted time as so many do.

These techniques are really, really hard to unlearn as we've seen throughout history. One major exception is Joannie Rochette with her Lutz, which she spent a good season and a half struggling (early 2003-early 2004) before she really got it. Most others stick with what they learned and the technical panels don't care most of the time anyways, if at all.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Edge warning on the Lutz wiped out the GOE for the combo.

I’ve always wondered about this ….if people who are prone to the edge call why doesn’t she just do a triple flip triple toe if that’s basically what it was to get positive GOV, and then change the other jump to say a loop or something

Jammers

I still say Ava made a huge mistake not competing at Nationals if she had beaten Isabeau fair and square she would most likely be going to Worlds. If she hits it out of the park in the LP she will still be sitting home while the USFS sends a skater who's on the decline and is suddenly not reliable while Ava is hitting her peak.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I still say Ava made a huge mistake not competing at Nationals if she had beaten Isabeau fair and square she would most likely be going to Worlds. If she hits it out of the park in the LP she will still be sitting home while the USFS sends a skater who's on the decline and is suddenly not reliable while Ava is hitting her peak.
I hope that Ava is a top Worlds substitute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information