2024 4CC Women's SP--We're Not in Kaunas Any More

ptvvibezz

excited for program announcements
Lee's bio said the SP was choreographed by Lori Nichol and Carolina Kostner. That is beyond embarrassing. Compared to Lee's use of hips, Evan Bates is a hula dancer.

Who really thought this was a good idea for her?
That was for her old program; Sirens.

I assume this is a Misha Ge program since he’s in the K&C

skatingguy

decently
@Frau Muller I think you wanted to post her, and not the Youth Olympics thread.
KIM Ch of 🇰🇷 really flies to the Pina music! Whee!!!! Love her completely.

Schizas full of passion in that Farrucas! Loop iffy but overall lovely!

Rinka of 🇯🇵…really slew with Avatar!

Oooooo… Ziegler into the final group of six! 🥳 🎉

Mai Mihara - Lovely floating quality, despite the one fall. One of two 4Cs ex-champions here.

Lee very disappointing with two falls. Oh rats!

So it’s three Japanese & two Koreans + Ava Ziegler in final top six!

Jay42

Between the click of the light
I mean she serves nothing but the potential was still there

The music is good, it would be fun to see what could be done with it with a skater who actually puts some expression into it.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
From Haein Lee to Golden Skate in the mixed zone:

“Before 4CC something happened to me which made me very sad and stressed. It was a huge shock for me. The practice went well. But it was hard to skate. I considered withdrawing but I decided to fight and compete.”

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Lol no one has yet to explain me what the bingo is and where you got the cards… And what the prizes are? Like a FaceTime from Frangi?
Post number 6 in this thread has a link to a bingo card. It contains all the funny Britishism that Chris Howarth says when commentating. Each time he says one of the things on your bingo card you mark it off. When you have 5 in a row, or diagonal that's bingo! It's like a drinking game but without the drinking, though I don't suppose anyone would mind if you drank along with it too :lol:

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Thorngren’s jumps got exactly the treatment many of us said they deserved last week. And isn’t this the second time she has gotten a time deduction this season? I don’t understand cutting it so close…

And it looks like the judges’ temporary love affair with Mai Mihara is over. She’s a pedestrian skater with small, underrotated jumps and slightly better than average skating skills. I’ve never gotten the hype.

Happy for Ziegler, but the combo is still a bit wonky. If this result holds, I do think she looking good for first alternate to Worlds. Which may be important given how off Levito looked.

skatingguy

decently
And it looks like the judges’ temporary love affair with Mai Mihara is over. She’s a pedestrian skater with small, underrotated jumps and slightly better than average skating skills. I’ve never gotten the hype.
Mihara's still coming back from injury so I'm not sure whether judges are over her or not. Why do people like her? Not that hard to understand - she is a lovely skater who exudes a joy of skating in her performances, and with her presence in competition.

Tak

Rinka collects Isopod stuffies, which is quite difficult to get. It is not visually cute.
Quite some time ago, when Rinka was having skating problems, including probably dieting, she and her mom visited an aquarium.
Rinka was really impressed with this animal because the aquarium explanation panel mentioned, "It can survive without any food for five years."
She felt inspired by this animal, and has been collecting stuffies since then.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Rinka collects Isopod stuffies, which is quite difficult to get. It is not visually cute.
Quite some time ago, when Rinka was having skating problems, including probably dieting, she and her mom visited an aquarium.
Rinka was really impressed with this animal because the aquarium explanation panel mentioned, "It can survive without any food for five years."
She felt inspired by this animal, and has been collecting stuffies since then.
this is actually very cute and I love it

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I noticed on Reddit that she has fans who are really into the isopod thing. She'll probably be getting those for years. :)

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Started watching at Mone and these are some quality skaters. Add in Kaori, Amber, Isabeau and two Belgians and Worlds will be very competitive. I’m only sorry Ava won’t be there unless Amber or Isabeau withdraw, she has such a great retro quality from when women really performed their programs.

Rafter

I'm glad to see Ziegler getting a small medal because at least it will keep people off her back. Seems like her team knew what she needed.*

*I reserve the right to rescind this statement after the free

What is the story here?

I can’t get over the height on her jumps. Very impressive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information