Skate Canada 2023 Women SP - Twirl One, Splat Two

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
3F with full 'e' call maybe? Not sure if Mark meant ! or e but if it's e, that score is tanking.

ETA- well I think she was fine :lol:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Awwwww yeah, Chaeyeon!!! I haven't seen that spark from her since the JGP! I think she was too worried about skating clean in her first senior season last year, and she didn't perform like I knew she could. :encore:
She did a split season last year and made the JGPF, but she did great at her early senior events like Finlandia. Maybe the pressure at 4CCs got to her, but she was hardly alone in that.

tony

The music is a vibe but there is NO choreography. Even in the beginning I was expecting some complex movements and she did a simple glide?

She has beautiful flow but at this point just a total mismatch to what she her strengths are.

And 3Lo not even close, no combo. Killer.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
And Rinka just put all 3 US women in the final group tomorrow, I think...

skatingguy

decently
Watanabe, Rinka 🇯🇵
Coach: K. Nakaniwa, M. Nakata, M. Nagumo, A. Tanoue
Music: Avatar (soundtrack) by James Horner

3A
3Lz
Camel Spin 4

3Lo<+COMBO - fall
Fly Sit Spin 4
Ch Combo Spin 4

Step Sequence 4

She had a good skate going until the triple loop. Seemed like she was crooked on take-off, and she pulled to the inside of the jump, and couldn't save the landing.

57.52 = 6th Place

Last edited:

peibeck

Simply looking
Watanabe: is this ice dance? What's with all these horrid music cuts in this program?

Save us, Kaori!!! 🙏

Jay42

Between the click of the light
Well at least I already know I like Kaori's FS because this music is so uninteresting for the first 2/3's. I get that it's for her baby niece and/or nephew but good Lord.

Love her 2A as always though. I could watch a video of her landing 2A's on a loop.

tony

And after that big proclamation from Mark, I thought we'd get cradle-rocking choreography from Kaori a la Leonova. We just got one arm up after the other. 9.50 composition, surely.

I'm a massive Kaori fan but I don't love the program, I think it shows off her weaknesses a lot, and the Lutz deserves a total 'e' call every. single. time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information