Skate Canada 2023 Mens SP - Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fibre

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Wedgie Data

ISU Channel

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Conrad ORZEL CAN
2 Aleksa RAKIC CAN
3 Liam KAPEIKIS USA
4 Mark GORODNITSKY ISR
5 Mikhail SHAIDOROV KAZ
6 Wesley CHIU CAN

Warm-Up Group 2
7 Mihhail SELEVKO EST
8 Sota YAMAMOTO JPN
9 Kao MIURA JPN
10 Matteo RIZZO ITA
11 Kazuki TOMONO JPN
12 Junhwan CHA KOR

myhoneyhoney

Will this be a splatfest? Maybe I should pour a cup of the pumpkin spice cream liquor Hubby bought. Oh and I got all excited seeing the name Matteo listed up top only to remember, wrong Matteo. Darn

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Peacock finally checked in... I think we might have lost Mark. Sad day.

ETA - nope, we still have him!

ETA2 - my roommate is grunting in her sleep and fell asleep to her iPad playing with the volume up rather high. :rolleyes:

quartz

scratching at the light
I’ve had peanut butter filled pretzels already, but I still have more snacks. And lots more wine.
I’ve got the CBC stream, so now have Kevin, and I really like Kevin‘s commentary.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
So it’s Mark commentating every discipline? Hmm… I like him but I’m sorry to not be recording the programs with only the musical sound (my thing).
Must stay to the end, with CHA -CHA-CHA !!!

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I’ve had peanut butter filled pretzels already, but I still have more snacks. And lots more wine.
I’ve got the CBC stream, so now have Kevin, and I really like Kevin‘s commentary.
I agree about Kevin, I finished my wine from dinner now it’s sparkling water and third dinner lol 😝

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Actually I take it back, the Matrix outfit is not only obvious but that back tail screams Urmanov. I still remember Alexei had that 20 foot long cape at World Pros or one of the big pro competitions and he fell over it.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
The way that 2 toe went straight up and down! I don't think he covered any ice at all.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Orzel is-- or was-- on. 4S didn't have enough flow (or any flow, really) to go for a triple and wisely did the double. 4T was pretty!

Same program as last year, and still developing the ability to look up and out into the crowd but trust, it's infinitely better than it was pre-Walia. Maybe one of the least naturally artistic skaters in the world, and he's self-proclaimed very introverted.

skatingguy

decently
Orzel, Conrad 🇨🇦
Coach: Ravi Walia
Music: Carmina Burana: O Fortuna

4S+2T
4T
Ch Sit Spin 4

3Aq - fall
Step Sequence 3
Fly Camel Spin 3

Ch Combo Spin 4

Started well, and the quadruple toeloop looked really good, but then triple Axel was just tight, and short of rotation.

77.68 = 1st Place

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information