Worlds 2024 Pairs FS: ‘The wedgie always gets its woman’

Sylvia

TBD
Top 6 get money, correct?
Correct - from ISU Communication no. 2368 (Jan. 2021): https://www.isu.org/inside-isu/isu-...25455-2368-prize-money-isu-championships/file

Pair Skating (for each Pair):
Only Pairs who qualify for and compete in the free skating shall receive Prize Money, i.e. up to maximum 6 Pairs as follows:
Place
1. US$ 90’000.--
2. US$ 65’000.--
3. US$ 45’000.--
4. US$ 26’000.--
5. US$ 16’000.--
6. US$ 10’000.--
Total Pair Skating: US$ 252’000.--

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
Isu didn’t care when America invaded Iraq! This is such a joke and cover for extreme anti Russia hatred! America was invading a country while hosting worlds
Isn’t there something going on with Evan Lysacek that you can whine about instead of annoying us on a celebratory night? I’m sure there’s a conspiracy theory calling your name out there…😵‍💫🤪🤮

danafan

Canadian ladies über

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Quotes from Bruno Marcotte.

Golden Skate
@goldenskate
Coach Bruno Marcotte spoke to the press about his team Riku Miura and Ryuichi Kihara 🇯🇵 who just took the silver medal at Worlds:

“They were extremely proud of their performance. After their performance. Ryuichi started to cough, he hyper ventilated, and he had low suger, he was dizzy. He tried to stand up a couple of times but couldn’t keep his balance. The medical team took care of him, gave him some fluids and when I just saw him he started feeling a lot better.

He felt bad to not go and do his duties but he also felt very bad that he couldn’t go congratulate Deanna and Max. So I want to congratulate them in behalf of Riku and Ryiuchi.”

Dobre

Yay, Deanna & Maxime!

I enjoyed the unpredictability of this pairs event. With all the new teams scattered throughout the starting lineup yesterday, it was a lot of fun because there was always someone interesting coming up in each group. Thank goodness it sounds like Ryuichi is OK. Tonight had it's sprinkling of mistakes throughout, but when you think about the condition the pairs field was in as recently as last year's GP, it is quite impressive how well the field is shaping up. The Dutch team, for example, compared to how they looked at SC this year. Much improved.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Pairs Multiple Entries for 2025 Worlds -

3 = CAN, JPN, GER
2 = HUN, ITA, GEO, AUS, USA

Direct Entries = 19 - if all countries with multiple entries use all of their spots then only 5 teams from the Qualifying Round to the Championship Round Short Program. It is possible, though, that only 15 DE spots will be used (JPN 2, HUN 1, GEO 1, AUS 1) which will give 9 teams the opportunity to advance from the QR. Any way you slice it, it's going to be FIERCE next year in the Qualifying Round with likely entries from NED, CHN, UKR, FIN, POL, GBR, PHI, AUT, SWE, CZE and FRA.

manhn

This is Canada's thirteenth gold in pairs, from eight different teams:

Dafoe/Bowden (1954-1955)
Wagner/Paul (1957-1960)
Jelinek/Jelinek (1962)
Underhill/Martini (1984)
Brasseur/Eisler (1993)
Sale/Pelletier (2001)
Duhamel/Radford (2015-2016)
Stellato-Dudek/Deschamps (2024)

31 year gap for coach Josee Picard. She hasn’t built an empire like other coaches have but she just marches on.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Congratulations to the Canadians on their win. Haven't seen it yet but after the season they have had I am not surprised. Deanna is the queen of excitement.

Yeah for Anastasia and Hektor. Top 10 finish. Fabulous. Maybe Lachlan Lewer-Parr can come back and skate for Australia. Although I know he is doing quite well for the US.

kirkbiggestfan

Back from the arena, what an amazing competition! You could feel the tension in the air. When Deanna gives you face and performance during a lift, it’s unreal to see it live. The second mark should not be close. The Japanese fought hard but did not feel their programs.

The choreography for the Chinese was even more brilliant in person. Spend the money on a real choreographer and see the difference !

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
….

The choreography for the Chinese was even more brilliant in person. Spend the money on a real choreographer and see the difference !

So Lori Nichol is not a real choreographer? I loved the non-pops class of both of P/W’s programs.

After a good sleep, I am most thrilled for H/V’s bronze…and for S-D/S’ Oxygene SP. H/V are my future of pairs. Hungarians also good and technically capable but not musical or artistic now.

millyskate

Deanna Stellato is amazing. I remember buying a Patinage Magazine in the mid 90s when she medalled/won was it the "Trophee St Gervais" at the age of 13 with 7 triples, and reading all about it and wondering where she would go. World Pairs champion in 2024 was not on my bingo card.

I really enjoyed watching this competition and generally, the standard of pairs is much more encouraging than it was last year.

But I felt pretty awful for the other competitors when I saw the GOE the winners got for their throw jumps in the LP. A pair in the second or third group would have got negative GOE, never mind the wildly positive marks they got...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information