French Masters / Masters de Patinage 2018 in Villard-de-Lans, 27-29 septembre

cholla

Marquessa of Chartreuse
Judging by the protocols they must have skated very well? What were your impressions of their RD?
It's a genuine tango, very pure with intricate steps and moves. They manage to make it both dramatic and smooth (if that can make any sense lol). The theme suits their flow, artistry and sensitivity perfectly, which won't surprise anyone as it was easily foreseeable. It's still a tiny bit rough around the edges on some sequences but it's really not far from fully grown and to me it was a brilliant performance. Tango is traditionally a dance led by the male partner, not with his arms but with his weight and chest, and Cizeron is extremely good at this. You can see they both feel and live the essence of this particular dance. Although their moves are constantly different, their bodies are always on the same axis, in perfect balance. I'm unsure to be clear, tango is both simple and very complicated and it's hard to describe such a subtle rendering... They really capture the essence of the dance and they also deliver their own interpretation. Well, that's Papadakis/Cizeron forte anyway. Papadakis' dress is very simple/sober, beautifully shaped, all black. I'm not so fond of Cizeron's see-through shirt but I don't like see-through material and fabric in general, that's just me. Who cares anyway, they could wear overalls and dance to a mix of Cotton Eye Joe and Gangman Style + "Tata Yoyo" and still make it beautiful :lol:

Last edited:

skatak

P/C rocked the RD, very mature and lot of character. no sparles on the costumes :)
Loved Lauriault/LeGac too.
Galyavieva/Thauron are already strong, you see a couple not two dancers that paired soon ago.

Vanessa and Morgan were also impressive, slow music choice with 'wicked game', lots of progress on lifts, they also skate clean especially on throws. that paid.

Aymoz not so good, same mistakes as last week. When 4T and combo are there it will bring the house down, Kevin definitely has something. Ponsart did not deserve such a mess, no 4T, only 2Lz.

MR-FAN

Kostner Softie
It's a genuine tango, very pure with intricate steps and moves. They manage to make it both dramatic and smooth (if that can make any sense lol). The theme suits their flow, artistry and sensitivity perfectly, which won't surprise anyone as it was easily foreseeable. It's still a tiny bit rough around the edges on some sequences but it's really not far from fully grown and to me it was a brilliant performance. Tango is traditionally a dance led by the male partner, not with his arms but with his weight and chest, and Cizeron is extremely good at this. You can see they both feel and live the essence of this particular dance. Although their moves are constantly different, their bodies are always on the same axis, in perfect balance. I'm unsure to be clear, tango is both simple and very complicated and it's hard to describe such a subtle rendering... They really capture the essence of the dance and they also deliver their own interpretation.

I WANNA SEEEEEE :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

millyskate

Like I have said before for some reason French dance teams treat the reveal of their programmes like it’s the third secret of Fatima. Hilarious! :rofl:
Back in the day, the reveal of Candeloro and A/P's new programs used to warrant a full report on the religiously-watched-by-the-whole-country eight o'clock news each year.

Enchanted

Saw some pictures of Lauriault and LeGac. He obviously wants to compete in the worst costume of the year competition. It’s equally cliche and tacky as Piper Gilles’ RD costumes.

cholla

Marquessa of Chartreuse
I agree with Milly on Gilles's dress but also with Enchanted on Le Gac's atrocious pajamas :lol: It looks like a baby long leg romper, a French "babygros" :rofl:

millyskate

@cholla interesting comment about Guillaume leading the tango, as his costume is the showstopper of the two. And why not? It's quite interesting - normally we have the man in a boring outfit and the woman in an attention-grabbing dress, here we have the woman in a fairly plain dress and the man in an incredible shirt.

Miloune

@cholla interesting comment about Guillaume leading the tango, as his costume is the showstopper of the two. And why not? It's quite interesting - normally we have the man in a boring outfit and the woman in an attention-grabbing dress, here we have the woman in a fairly plain dress and the man in an incredible shirt.

Personally I'm not a fan of see-through shirts... :yikes:

cholla

Marquessa of Chartreuse
Personally I'm not a fan of see-through shirts... :yikes:
Neither am I. At all. But Milly has a point : for once the showstopper belongs to the man and it's spot on with the spirit of tango. It's certainly not something random, they are both much too cultivated and thorough in their care for details not to have studied this closely. + Cizeron is very much into outfits design. Let's say that as much as I dislike see-through fabric, at least for once there is a valid reason for it ;) [Although it could have been some other kind of fabric, color, anything]

Quel Blasphème!
Désolée Thvudragon, watching Cizeron's torso will be our penance all winter. (It beats walking on embers :lol:)

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
It's a genuine tango, very pure with intricate steps and moves. They manage to make it both dramatic and smooth (if that can make any sense lol). The theme suits their flow, artistry and sensitivity perfectly, which won't surprise anyone as it was easily foreseeable. It's still a tiny bit rough around the edges on some sequences but it's really not far from fully grown and to me it was a brilliant performance. Tango is traditionally a dance led by the male partner, not with his arms but with his weight and chest, and Cizeron is extremely good at this. You can see they both feel and live the essence of this particular dance. Although their moves are constantly different, their bodies are always on the same axis, in perfect balance. I'm unsure to be clear, tango is both simple and very complicated and it's hard to describe such a subtle rendering... They really capture the essence of the dance and they also deliver their own interpretation. Well, that's Papadakis/Cizeron forte anyway. Papadakis' dress is very simple/sober, beautifully shaped, all black. I'm not so fond of Cizeron's see-through shirt but I don't like see-through material and fabric in general, that's just me. Who cares anyway, they could wear overalls and dance to a mix of Cotton Eye Joe and Gangman Style + "Tata Yoyo" and still make it beautiful :lol:
Thank you for such a nicely detailed review of your impressions. Would you mind copy/pasting it into the new P/C fan thread for those who don't have access to the K&C section ? I'm sure you'd made a lot of happy fellows especially after last evening's frustration.

cholla

Marquessa of Chartreuse
Would you mind copy/pasting it into the new P/C fan thread for those who don't have access to the K&C section ?
Some of your Trash Can friends were in Villard weren't they ? I am sure their own reviews must have alleviated the frustration of many. No need for mine.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Some of your Trash Can friends were in Villard weren't they ? I am sure their own reviews must have alleviated the frustration of many. No need for mine.
Ok no problem. No one actually gave any reviews in the trash can so far, that is why I thought I'd ask. Thanks anyway for yours here.

millyskate

Is it not actually against FSU rules to discuss current competitions in the Trash Can? That might explain the lack of reviews. I think for other competitions threads have been moved into here for that very reason.

cholla

Marquessa of Chartreuse
Is it not actually against FSU rules to discuss current competitions in the Trash Can?
I hadn't even thought of that... It's just that I would not touch again the Trashy P/C thread with a 10 foot pole :lol:

Last edited:

Dobre

So Lagouge & Rahier did not skate the FD, correct? Still on the mend? Or still trying to get ready after injury? They are supposed to compete next week.

cholla

Marquessa of Chartreuse
So Lagouge & Rahier did not skate the FD, correct? Still on the mend? Or still trying to get ready after injury? They are supposed to compete next week.
No they did not and we were given contradictory info. I was told Natacha had hurt herself (nothing serious) when falling during the RD, then that their FD wasn't fully ready. It'd better be dince they have indeed less than 1 week left. I really wish they'll be OK, they are so talented and promising.

Dobre

No they did not and we were given contradictory info. I was told Natacha had hurt herself (nothing serious) when falling during the RD, then that their FD wasn't fully ready. It'd better be dince they have indeed less than 1 week left. I really wish they'll be OK, they are so talented and promising.

Thank you for your answer. Guess we will see what happens next week.

sus2850

So was there a reason given why Gabriella and Guillaume did not skate the free dance? Is it not ready? And is this an indication that they are not participating in the Grand Prix season?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information