2019 French Masters / Masters de Patinage in Villard-de-Lans, 26-28 septembre

MsZem

I see the sea
Is there something going on with Ponsart? Seventh place seems a bit extreme even for him.

Miloune

I don't know what to think of L/L... The music choices and editing are a big ????

Miloune

Indeed, it's a concept !!! But P/C move so beautifully! Clearly the skating does all the work here because the music is very subdued. IMO not a FD that will be liked unanimously.

135 pts but that's not indicative... I wish they would score them "correctly"

Last edited:
Reactions: AYS

umronnie

How can they listen to that every single day?? I think I'll watch their FD on mute. But they make such beautiful shapes...

Debrah

Weren't they supposed to being doing something new; a completely different style, cuz this seems to be in the same wheelhouse as all the other FD's they have done only to an obscure, dreary, storytelling male, voice over, music choice this year? They can certainly move well in contemporary style, certainly after a zillion contemporary FD's they are experts doing that by now, I thought the point of this season was to take a risk and do something unexpected to stretch themselves and show some diversity. I guess they changed their minds and went with "if it ain't broke don't fix it" same ole same ole comfortable style. But why should they even try to stretch themselves, when doing a contemporary style over and over and over is rewarded with an insurmountable 13 pts over the rest of the dance field...Yes judges are saying they are class of the present field, but surely that message means they can afford to try something different, mix it up a bit, esp., 2 years out from Olympics! Yes this FD will grow over the season and they will undoubtedly sell it well, the choreography is smoothly executed and shows their strengths as usual, but to me, this FD is still a huge lunch bag let down...

dinakt

I love P/C's choreo, love the movement, love the expression. I dislike the concept of voice over- even a poetic one- but it is conceptual so it is not going anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information