2024 4CC Men FS - forget the skaters, we’re the ones ‘ticking all the boxes’

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I woke up this morning, and the Men's free skate was already on because I had autotuned it. I'm so happy for Yuma! He was mesmerizing with those jumps!

I did a google search to see if Yuma had a website. I couldn't find one for him, but I did add his Wikipedia page to my skating directory. And the good thing is that someone has already updated it showing he is the 2024 Four Continents Champion. If anyone finds or knows of a website for Yuma, please let me know because I would like to add it to my skating directory.

SkateFanBerlin

Why couldn't Torgy have this skate at Nationals?

But it's ok. I got to see this looking great for this competition.
He`s been pretty consistant. I remember Ted during Jr. days bemoaning that Andrew could not do something well two times. He`d skate the first half great but fall apart at the end. If he had a great short program be`d bomb the long. etc. He looks serious and settled here. I`m not sure how much of the upper end technical goods he has but he`s lovely, classical to watch.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
He`s been pretty consistant. I remember Ted during Jr. days bemoaning that Andrew could not do something well two times. He`d skate the first half great but fall apart at the end. If he had a great short program be`d bomb the long. etc. He looks serious and settled here. I`m not sure how much of the upper end technical goods he has but he`s lovely, classical to watch.
He told the press after that his goal is two quads in the short and three or more in the long and that's what he was working for before he got injured again after Lombardia. He did do a quad at Lombardia, so I think his real issue is going to be staying healthy and getting consistent. But the technique and ability are there.

sk8nlizard

Ok, just finished watching all the men. I really enjoy Junhwan Cha as well. I wonder why he doesn’t repeat the quad sal in the free? It’s such a good jump for him.

I know Yuma’s dad has had some health problems, have the said what they were? I was wondering if he had a stroke since he seemed not to be moving his left side. His dad seems so proud of Yuma and they seem to have such a great relationship, I love seeing it!

Overall, a well skated event. Worlds is going to be a nail biter for sure!

jlai

Question everything
Yeah I figured that out about 10 seconds after posting this. I love Shoma so much that I am chagrined that I forgot him.

I love Yuma and Shoma and hope they are on the podium with Ilia. In any order based on how they skate.
You don’t like Adam?
Honestly I don’t know whom I choose among the three. But Shoma has won everything except the O so I would choose Yuma Ilia and Adam

MacMadame

Doing all the things
You don’t like Adam?
Honestly I don’t know whom I choose among the three. But Shoma has won everything except the O so I would choose Yuma Ilia and Adam
I don't think he's a better skater than those three. Notice I said I loved Shoma and Yuma. I didn't say I loved* Ilia, just that I was assuming he would be on the podium. ;)

[*I do enjoy Ilia. I just don't love him like I love Shoma and Yuma.]

just tuned in

Just catching up, and haven’t read the thread, but i needed to come here to say that the song, “I’m a Little Unsteady” (Kartich, Australia) is right up there with the top 10 irony songs, along with “I Hope I Don’t Fall Down While I Am Ice Skating,” and “I Am the Best Skater, Ever.”

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Finally finished replay. Happy for Jin and Cha but they should swap programs. Kagiyama is just fabulous, what a score.

I am in a good place for Worlds as I am happy with any and all Japanese men on the podium, Adam, Ilia, Jin, Cha. Odds are in my favor.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I also got through everyone just now lol. Impressed with Carrillo's jump improvements. Still not consistent, but the technique looks better (although his feet are still really loose in the air). I also really enjoyed Yudong Chen. I thought he had nice flow across the ice.

Sally1214

Just finished watching this event. It was my reward after spending 2 hours outdoors shoveling all the white stuff that fell from the sky last night and today.

First off, I have to say "hats off" to Wesley Chiu. He did Canada proud again. He wasn't perfect but a SB at 4CC is pretty darn impressive. Wesley channels his inner cat on some of those jump landings but, hey, I'm okay with that. Hope he has a great Worlds.

A shout out also to Torgashev, who pretty much had a "pristine clean" skate.

Yudong Chen has really caught my eye. Great tech elements and very good interpretation skills as well. China's "next one?"

Shaidorov: Dude can JUMP!! WOW! He's quickly becoming one of my "new" faves this season. And, of course, having Urmanov in the K/C is just a bonus for me.

BOYANG: The cameras, the "cuddly toys," the QUAD LUTZ! :eek: He's skating with a new confidence and (as Chris said) a renewed love for skating. He sure picked the right place to have a SB score. I wish he could have won the bronze medal but I'm still just SO happy for him to have done so well.

Shun Sato was almost "clean as a whistle." Boy, he rotates those jumps FAST!

Junhwan Cha: So glad he held it together and made it onto the podium. He had me a little worried there at first but, thank goodness, he settled down and got the job done. Coming back from injury, that was a really good skate for him.

YUMA: :encore::encore:He is MAGNIFICENT! The way he kept building speed during the step sequence at the end, I screamed and scared the cat right off my lap! My absolute favorite skater on the planet right now. Hope he stays healthy and kicks it at Worlds.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
I'm starting to catch up, and just watched Yuma. I'm just sitting here in the airport crying like a crazy person. :wuzrobbed

Yuma is my favorite skater in the field today, across all disciplines. The combination of skating skills, the jumps, the sharpness in executing such difficult choreography and transitions. The step sequence just got me again. I was fine until the step sequence. Someone asked me if I'm okay. :lol: There's no skater in the field today that can match this. Just an absolutely brilliant program skated by a brilliant skater.

Yuma for World Champion and 2026 Olympic Gold. :wuzrobbed:inavoid::swoon:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Whew. I’m caught up except the gala. My dream worlds podium is Yuma, Junliet and Ilia. I’m fine if Cha and Malinin swapped places as a 2nd for the US may be necessary to keep 3 spots.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Whew. I’m caught up except the gala. My dream worlds podium is Yuma, Junliet and Ilia. I’m fine if Cha and Malinin swapped places as a 2nd for the US may be necessary to keep 3 spots.
Only reason 2nd would differ from 3rd is the placement of the second-ranked man needing to be 11th instead of 10th.

If the second highest-ranked man finishes 13th or below, it’s automatically 2 spots regardless of how Ilia does. If they both fail to get out of the short (unlikely as it is..), then Ilia needs to finish in the top 10 to hold 2.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Only reason 2nd would differ from 3rd is the placement of the second-ranked man needing to be 11th instead of 10th.

If the second highest-ranked man finishes 13th or below, it’s automatically 2 spots regardless of how Ilia does. If they both fail to get out of the short (unlikely as it is..), then Ilia needs to finish in the top 10 to hold 2.
Yup. I see Jason’s best possible around 10-11 unless some of the Asian skaters implode. Camden may surprise, but won’t get ant PCS love.

ross_hy

Highlights for me were Torgashev's choreo sequence and Yuma's step sequence - both stunning.

Hopefully with more consistency and increased tech content, Torgashev will start getting the PCS he deserves. In my opinion, he was underscored by at least 5 points here. And I wouldn't be surprised if Masakazu and Carolina received some phone calls during the off-season. Whatever they're doing, its working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information