JPN
5Ilia MALININ
USA.GIF
USA
6Adam SIAO HIM FA
FRA.GIF
FRA

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
2.5 hours to go to get through the last 2 events of the day. I can stay awake! Through men will be exciting enough and then it's just one event after that, lol.

skatingguy

decently
2.5 hours to go to get through the last 2 events of the day. I can stay awake! Through men will be exciting enough and then it's just one event after that, lol.
On the one hand the events move so quickly that I feel I just get settled into a discipline, and it's done, and on the other hand the event moves so quickly because we see different things with each group of skaters.

Last edited:

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist
Worked until midnight, have been dozing since around 2, but I am awake for the men.

skatingguy

decently
Kevin Aymoz 🇫🇷
Coach: S. Fontana, J. Zimmerman, F. Bonnard
Music: Bird Gerhl

4T+3T
3A - step out
Ch Camel Spin 4
3Lz
Fly Sit Spin 4
Ch Combo Spin 4

Step Sequence 4

Step out of the Axel, but everything else was excellent. This mature, consistent Kevin Aymoz has become such a joy to watch.

93.20 = 1st Place

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I still think this is Aymoz’s best short. The step sequence really pushes outwards as opposed to the past where he sometimes really slowed down. 3A mistake or not, glorious skating and he probably only took about 4 points off his score.

tony

My pleasant mood is ruined with that 4F GOE. Bad takeoff, scratchy and no flow landing getting over +2 GOE. And that’s not even considering actual rotations :p

Nice program but I still don’t think he has the ease on his blades like Kagiyama or even Aymoz.

Karen-W

Shoma - feathered epaulets are a costume choice. Oh, yeah... it's the weird Clair de Lune program. Looks like the judges are back to giving insane GOE for his quads today. That TES... he could hit 110, lol.

skatingguy

decently
Shoma Uno 🇯🇵
Coach: Stephane Lambiel
Music: Love You Kung Fu, Clair de Lune

4F - landed on the change of music
4T+3T
Fly Camel Spin 4
3A
Step Sequence 4
Ch Sit Spin 4

Ch Combo Spin 4

Stunning. The quadruple flip looked the same here as it did at NHK - will it get the q call today? The quadruple combo looked better than we've seen recently. He squared it up better, and the ice coverage on the triple was better.

106.02 = 1st Place

Last edited:

tony

3T probably coming for a q call.

Even Mark on the 4F prerotation talk after 8 seasons of the same technique

skatingguy

decently
Yuma Kagiyama 🇯🇵
Coach: Masakazu Kagiyama Carolina Kostner
Music: Believer by Imagine Dragons

4S
4T+3T
Ch Camel Spin 4
3A
Fly Sit Spin 4
Step Sequence 4

Ch Combo Spin 4

Jumps were a little tight, but he landed them. The performance was not as sharp as NHK.

103.72 = 2nd Place

Karen-W

Yuma - landing was a bit meh on the combo and that's a total nitpick. 3a also had a tight landing. I do love this program, but he's not going to beat Shoma today, I don't think.

skatingguy

decently
Kao Miura 🇯🇵
Coach: Noriko Sato, Nobuko Fukui, Koji Okajima
Music: This Place was a Shelter by O. Arnalds

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information