25Kazuki HASEGAWAScience Univ of Tokyo
26Lucastsuyoshi HONDAKinoshita Academy
27KAO MIURAOrienntalBioMeguroNU.HS
28Sena MIYAKEKANKU SKATING CLUB
29Sota YAMAMOTO
30Nozomu YOSHIOKAHosei

Hedwig

Antique member
Entries Women (how come there are 30 men but only 28 women?)

Women - Entry

#CompetitorClub
1Yuna AokiNihon Univ
2Nana ARAKI
3Maaya ISHIDASt.Paul's
4RENA UEZONOLYS
5Maria EgawaMeiji Univ
6MIYABI OBATOKAI TOKYO FH
7Mana KAWABE
8Ikura KUSHIDAKinoshita Academy
9Chikako SaigusaNihon Univ
10Kaori SAKAMOTOSysmex
11AYUMI SHIBAYAMAKinoshita Academy
12Mao SHIMADAKinoshita Academy
13Sae SHIMIZUKinoshita Academy
14Yuna SHIRAIWAKANSAI UNIV SKATING CLUB
15Natsu SUZUKIKANSAI UNIV SKATING CLUB
16Rion SumiyoshiOrientalBio Meiji Univ.
17YO TAKAGIYOKYO JOSHI GAKUIN
18Mone CHIBAKinoshita Academy
19Wakaba HIGUCHINOEVIR
20Marin HONDAJAL
21Rino Matsuike
22Mai MIHARASysmex
23Saki MIYAKE
24Haruna MURAKAMIKinoshita Academy
25Mako YAMASITA
26Kinayu YOKOI
27Hana YOSHIDAKinoshita Academy
28RINKA WATANABETOKIOINKARAMI HOSEI Univ.

Hedwig

Antique member
Ice Dance

#CompetitorClub
1AKARI KINOSHITA
Takahiko TAMURA
Keio University
Mita Skating Club
2Yuri KUNIMURA
Kaiji SAKABE
RINKAI FIGURE SC
OSAKAUNIV OF ECONOMICSISC
3Misato KOMATSUBARA
Takeru KOMATSUBARA
4AYANO SASAKI
Yosimitu IKEDA
Nihon Univ
SEIBU HIGASHIFUSHIMI
5Azusa TANAKA
Shingo NISHIYAMA
OrientalBio
OrientalBio
6Utana YOSHIDA
Masaya MORITA
Kinoshita Academy
Kinoshita Academy
Return Prev.

Hedwig

Antique member
Here is an article about the selection process. Winner in Men and Women is guaranteed a spot and then we have the whole usual Japanese selection process about the whole season.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Pairs

#CompetitorClub
1Yuna NAGAOKA
Sumitada MORIGUCHI
Kinoshita Academy
Kinoshita Academy
2Riku MIURA
Ryuichi KIHARA
KINOSHITA GROUP
KINOSHITA GROUP
Wasn't it reported that MiuKih WD from J-Nats?

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Ice Dance

#CompetitorClub
1AKARI KINOSHITA
Takahiko TAMURA
Keio University
Mita Skating Club
2Yuri KUNIMURA
Kaiji SAKABE
RINKAI FIGURE SC
OSAKAUNIV OF ECONOMICSISC
3Misato KOMATSUBARA
Takeru KOMATSUBARA
4AYANO SASAKI
Yosimitu IKEDA
Nihon Univ
SEIBU HIGASHIFUSHIMI
5Azusa TANAKA
Shingo NISHIYAMA
OrientalBio
OrientalBio
6Utana YOSHIDA
Masaya MORITA
Kinoshita Academy
Kinoshita Academy
Return Prev.

How about my favorite ice dancers (Sr or Jr) this season: KISHIMOTO & TAMURA…aka “Mr Roboto”? Too young for seniors???

Tak

Entries Women (how come there are 30 men but only 28 women?
Nikkan Sports reported today that "After internal discussions within the JSF, considering skating ability and performance contents of the candidates, it was decided to invite only 7 skaters from Juniors."
It is perceived within JPN skating fans, this was determined since JSF did not want Ami Nakai (because of her hip injury) to compete in JPN Senior Nationals. JSF could have invited Mayuko Oka who was 9th and above Ami, but she skates in Hokkaido, one of weakest Blocks (Kinki, Tokyo and Chubu are strongest) in Japan, so she was also not invited.
Considering the names listed in "Selection Document" issued by JSF, perhaps they wanted to name for the third slot for Junior Worlds, Ikura Kushida (Mie Hamada, Kinki) or Yo Takagi (MF Academy, Tokyo) or Rino Matsuike (Machiko Yamada, Chubu).
IMHO, both Mayuko and Ami skated much better at Junior Nationals than bottom four senior skaters selected at East or West Japan Sectionals.
I do understand that JSF is in a real predicament, since current crop of Junior skaters are so good and that they want to avoid being forced to send 12th! at Senior Nationals to the Worlds again.

Last edited:

YukiNieve

You can watch live the opening ceremony and the draw here (you need VPN) starting around 4:30AM EST:

Some practice clips (Tuesday) have been posted by the Fuji Television's X account:

Last edited:

Tak

The print media is beginning to report on the "closed" official practices of top contenders. According to Mainichi Shinbun and various Sports papers;
Shoma Uno: In the SP Run through, landed 4F, 4T+3T and 3A. He said his condition was neither too good or bad, just so, so. All he wants to do is his best, and willing to accept whatever the results may be.
Yuma Kagiyama: Landed 4S and other jumps. He wants to improve on his results last season when he was still recovering from injury.
Kao Miura: He has recovered from gastro problems he suffered in China during GPF, but he has not been able to recover 3kg he lost due to the illness, although he has been devouring one pound steaks. Landed most of his jumps smoothly. He landed 4Lo, during Run-through, which surprised him somewhat. He said that this jump is still unpredictable in practice, but he can nail it once the music comes on. He is not certain if he will incorporate 4Lo in his program at Nationals.
Kazuki Tomono: It is reported he had a good practice session, landing most of his jumps.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Kao Miura: He has recovered from gastro problems he suffered in China during GPF, but he has not been able to recover 3kg he lost due to the illness, although he has been devouring one pound steaks.
Poor guy! Although I have to say I'd enjoy that dietary regimen ... :D

Karen-W

Do we have any links for the broadcast? I know I'll need a VPN and I certainly am not likely to pull an all-nighter for the singles, but I'm quite interested in both dance and pairs and, IIRC, their competitions take place in the late evening for those of us on the West Coast.

I really want to see if KoKo gets beat again, and I want to see if Nagaoka/Moriguchi look better than they did at NHK.

Tak

Some print media reports from Women's closed practice.
Kaori Sakamoto: She had some gastro problems, last weekend, which interfered with her preparation. She was quite good in run-through, till she fell exiting a spin. She got up laughing and nailed 3F+3T, immediately afterwards.
Mao Shimada: Media is beginning to hype the possibility of Junior High School girl winning the Senior Nationals, only accomplished by Midori Ito during 1984-85 Season. Mao seems much more level headed saying she only wants to do her best and learn from more seasoned skaters, here. She said she got too nervous last season at Senior Nationals, so she did not skate her best. She wants to enjoy the experience this time. She is concentrating on landing 3A during her SP. She said the success rate is not that high, yet, since she only started on this element extensively last week.
It is reported that according to submitted SP elements, Rinka, Hana and Mao will attempt 3A in SP.
One worrying news on Men, Kao Miura was no-show for Men SP practice today.

Last edited:

Tak

Wow, Nagaoka/Moriguchi really did improve!
Still only 2Twist but SBS :Edited to correct:3Lo, then Throw 3S! Both were nailed!
Well Done!

Last edited:

Karen-W

Found a stream on VK, you need an account and to join/follow the page in order to watch

Thanks! I got the time wrong and didn't realize this started 30 minutes ago but was able to rewind to see Nagaoka/Moriguchi.

If they'd skated like that at NHK, they'd have easily gotten the 4CCs TES mins and possibly the Worlds TES mins. Sumitada is clearly the star and such a performer, but she's a good foil for him. I do hope the JSF sends them to Bavarian Open or Challenge Cup to try and get the Worlds TES mins since it's looking less and less likely that MiuKih will compete at all this season.

Tak

The RD will start soon.
Strangely, two of the most entertaining RDs, this season will be performed here, Super Mario by Tanaka/Nishiyama and Ghostbusters by Komatsubaras.
Skate order for the 1st Group.
1. Kunimura/Sakabe
2. Komatsubaras
3. Tanaka/Nishiyama

Karen-W

The RD will start soon.
Strangely, two of the most entertaining RDs, this season will be performed here, Super Mario by Tanaka/Nishiyama and Ghostbusters by Komatsubaras.
Skate order for the 1st Group.
1. Kunimura/Sakabe
2. Komatsubaras
3. Tanaka/Nishiyama
Full Skate Order -

Group 1
1 Yuri Kunimura/Kaiji Sakabe
2 Misato Komatsubara/Takeru Komatsubara (Tim Koleto)
3 Azusa Tanaka/Shingo Nishiyama

Group 2
4 Ayano Sasaki/Yosimitu Ikeda
5 Utana Yoshida/Masaya Morita
6 Akari Kinoshita/Takahiko Tamura

Tak

Yuri Kunimura/Sakabe
No music info
TES tracker is being shown.
She is 27 but he is only 18 y.o.
She had disasterous Twizzles.

Karen-W

Kunimura/Sakabe - slow and really BAD twizzles - which they ended their program with :)yikes:), but I appreciate the use of "Jesse's Girl" which has not been used at all this season, IIRC.

Karen-W

Team KoKo - well, he kept his balance through the twizzles. They're as slow as ever and I will be shocked if they're the top Japanese team in another 2 years.

Tak

Now Komatsubaras.
Ghostbusters
DiSq3 and 3
SBS Tw 4 and 4
Rot L 4
PatDSq 3
Choreo +3.00
Much better than at NHK!

Karen-W

Tanaka/Nishiyama - oh, I think I remember seeing them once earlier this year (Quebec Summer Championships, maybe?) - Super Mario music. Twizzles were a bit out of synch. They are sooo fast though! And they're utterly charming!

Tak

Sasaki/Ikeda
Motown?
Mid StSq 2,2
PatDSq 1
StLi4
SBSTw 4,3 -0.16 He lost his balance slightly
Choreo +0.50

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information