Football 2022-2023, Quarterbacks, Tight ends...men in tight pants

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Is Kelce, or Reid, or Jake from State Farm in it?

It might also be a new one. I'll.keep an eye out for it

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Does Mahomes do a commercial with the song from The Courtship of Eddies Father tune in the background?
According to Google. It' the one with Best Friends as the song, Kelce and Mahomes run out of salsa or chips. Each orders from HyVee Delivery Services for the other.

It is one of my favorite ones they do for HyVee.
Just about every Jake from State Farm ones are wonderful

Look up the Andy Reid one with State Farm and the story/practical joke Patrick and Travis did

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
So far so good. Traffic in Glendale is not crazy yet, even near the stadium exit (Cardinals Way) from the highway. By Friday it could be crazy. Right now all the crowd seems to be in central Phoenix. That's where all the events are taking place.

Last edited:

once_upon

Better off than 2020
As much as I want to watch football, the type of physical play is grueling.

I used to think basketball does 2 or 3 games a week, what's with football.

But basketball players are not slammed into play after play by all out running 300+ pound tacklers, or running full out for yards.

Football is physical in a different way than basketball, baseball, hockey.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Just one more day before the big game! So exciting! I am rooting for the Chiefs but I think the Eagles will win.

ETA- lots of parties, music events, and other events in the valley this week. T-Pain and Drake are performing At different valley locations. Some outdoor events that are free, in Phoenix.There is one event near the stadium, but I don't want to be in the crowd.

I remember that the last time Super Bowl was here, I used to work in Central Phoenix. I went to the convention center to watch the fun, because I could take the light rail there. Can't do it from here, but I am happy to watch everything on tv.

Last edited:

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I got an email on Thursday from the Chiefs organization providing a link to ticket purchase. Tickets in the next to last row in the highest upper section, near the 20 yard line was $3,600+.

I know the experience is something amazing, but I could one of the top end TV with all the bells and whistles, for what it would cost (tickets airfare hotel, car rental, food etc).

Cachoo

I have been watching so much of the Kelce brothers. If it was my sister and I that were in the game I would feel so elated if I won but it would be bittersweet at best because I would honestly be heartbroken for her. Those two are so close---I do wonder if they will be experiencing the same thing.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Random thoughts.

Less than one hour before the kickoff. I am having my one person party at home. :)

They interviewed Damar Hamlin In the pregame show. His story has been one of the heart warming stories of this season.

The Kelce brothers is a great story. Their mother and their whole family must be so proud!

I think I enjoy Super Bowl more as a game when I don't have very strong feelings for/against the teams. I want KC to win but if they don't, I won't be heart broken.

Around 2pm I decided to go for a drive toward the highway to see what the traffic looked like. There were so many cars parked in my neighborhood that I dropped the idea of going toward the highway. If there are traffic issues, I could get stuck for a long time. So I just went around the neighborhood and into my garage. :)

I can't imagine myself buying a Super Bowl ticket unless I am a multimillionaire. I love football, and I have been to big sporting events, like the Olympics, but I am not willing to spend thousands of dollars on one game,

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am watching the Super Bowl festivities - national anthem, fly over, coin toss, etc. on my tv and thinking - all this is happening so close to me! I wish I could see it in person.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
How did Rhianna not do Pon de Replay? I kept waiting for it and was disappointed. That’s like if Prince didn’t do Purple Rain.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Well done Chiefs! Once I heard Eagles fans booing Prescott being named NFL Man of the Year, I was doubly motivated to see KC win. What a great game!
That was very poor sportsmanship during that.

I found the ending to be a dud. They should have done the touchdown even with a minute left. This is football not chess. Fireworks and people screaming in my neighborhood but I’m just meh. Just like the dance results today, meh. :rofl:

BaileyCatts

Well done Chiefs! Once I heard Eagles fans booing Prescott being named NFL Man of the Year, I was doubly motivated to see KC win. What a great game!
Why were people booing that guy? I don’t know football to know who he is.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Congratulations Kansas City Chiefs! What a great game! After the first half I thought the Eagles would win. Great coaching by Andy Reid. Mahomes running on his injured ankle, scoring three TDs in the second half was heroic. Definitely deserved the MVP trophy.

Why are the KC Championship t shirts black/dark gray, and not their team colors red yellow?

This stadium has always had very exciting Superbowls. This was the third in a row exciting game.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
That was so disgraceful of the Eagles fans! That trophy (Walter Payton Trophy) was awarded for doing something good for the society. It shouldnt have mattered what team the player played football for.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I found the ending to be a dud. They should have done the touchdown even with a minute left. This is football not chess. Fireworks and people screaming in my neighborhood but I’m just meh. Just like the dance results today, meh. :rofl:
we were all wanting both the touchdown and knew it was a great game of chess.

How selfless was it of Toney (I think that was it) to know enough to slide, stay in bounds with less than 2 minutes left. I mean you would really, really, really want to score a TD in the Super Bowl..but also had enough awareness that would leave way too much time for a talented Hurts and team to score.

Patrick's ankle is probably a mess. Hopefully it gets time to heal now.

Cachoo

We are in a golden era for the Chiefs. And it was so dismal in those years before Andy arrived. I just hope the fans understand how special this time is and appreciate it. Philly was great. They’ll be back.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Funny. I found the ending very interesting. Great strategy to Not score the TD, when that player could have easily scored it, but they knew that Hurts could score a TD with that much time left (about 2 minutes?). Selfless teamwork by the player to stay in bounds, instead of scoring a TD. The goal is always to win the game, not a moment of excitement like a TD.

KC drained all the time they could, before kicking the FG. A FG is never a guarantee, even from a short distance. However, leaving just 8 seconds for Eagles ensured that They would not score and win. Worst case scenario would have been OT, and a chance to win.

So many memorable plays in this game! It was a chess game. That's what makes football so interesting.

It was brilliant coaching by Reid.

Last edited:

Cachoo

But it is chess. You are trying to plan moves ahead. You are using the clock. I get that it isn’t as exciting. But the bottom line is the win and if that means to use time then so be it.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
We are in a golden era for the Chiefs. And it was so dismal in those years before Andy arrived. I just hope the fans understand how special this time is and appreciate it. Philly was great. They’ll be back.
Eagles are well set up for a great future. Too bad they are in the same division as my Cowboys. :)

I feel happy that Reid beat his old team that didn't value him. He has had more success as the Chief's coach than he did in Philly. Now he is second in most playoff victories. He said he is not ready to retire yet (Bradshaw asked him in the post game interview). So we can expect even more greatness from him.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
My favorite commercials were:

KIA - Binky Daddy
Cellular service one - with Travolta singing an ad to "Summer Loving" song
Busch or Bud Beer - where the couple have been on hold forever, dancing and drinking beer

For the most part, I think they were duds.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I visited KC (Mo) just once when I was in school in Kansas. It was the nearest city to us,but I was not into football then. I really got into it after I moved from KS to TX. I became a fan of the Cowboys.

I remember the time when it was an achievement for the Chiefs to just win The first round of the playoffs. Even Joe Montana (his last two years with with KC) could not take them to the Super Bowl. Andy Reid made a difference.

In 2020 SB, I thought the 49rs we're about to win, but the Chiefs came back strong late in the game, and won. That's when their golden era began.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
My favorite commercial was from the Wizard of Oz. Dorothy (with a dog) sees she is surrounded by Eagles players/fans and says - Toto, we are not I. Kansas City anymore. It ends with "there is no place like Mahome".

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
It's 'The day after' in Glendale, Arizona. The local channel reported that all the left over food items (many boxes were being loaded) would be donated to poor families. I am very happy to hear that. It always bothers me when food is wasted, while there are hungry people out there.

In the discussion of the game, the local commentators said - we have always had close games (Superbowls) here, but that last holding call after the incomplete pass by KC on third down was questionable. However, they said the best team won.

I agree with that assessment. I don't think the holding call was an outright robbery, but it was close- a judgment call- as the Fox team said. The Eagles player did put his hand on the back of the KC receiver, though it is hard to tell from a picture if he grabbed him. The official had a better view. I think it was not eligible for a review.

Someone on FB wrote - the fix was in. That kind of statement bothers me. It implies that the officials were corrupt, that Chiefs didn't win based on their plays, etc. Fortunately none of the Eagles players or coaches made such statements. Sirriano said the game is not determined by just one play, and the earlier plays created that situation.

Anyway, it is all academic now. I just wish there had not been a controversy. The Chiefs were the better team overall, with a stronger running game. Eagles seemed to rely mostly on Hurts arm and his running. Hurts was amazing. I wonder if the Eagles fans jinxed their own team by chanting MVP for Hurts, long before the game went into the fourth quarter? I believe in Jinx.

Still, I am happy that the Chiefs won last night. I have become their fan now, as far as the AFC goes. :)

Mahomes was asked last night if Chiefs are a dynasty now (2 SB wins in 4 years). He was humble in saying we are not a dynasty yet. With Reid continuing to coach, they could become a dynasty in a few more years, as long as Mahomes is healthy. He was not even completely healthy in this year's playoffs. It was a performance for the ages.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
The first replay of the hold, was not actually the hold that was called. There was a hold BEFORE Mahomes threw the ball that happened right near him. The announcers showed the right hold call, but by them everyone had their minds made up. Well most had their minds made up 2 weeks before the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information