2024 U.S. Sectional Singles & Pairs/Ice Dance Finals - Coral Springs FL; Tacoma WA; Bloomington MN

Sylvia

TBD
Zachary LoPinto, who turned 15 in August, won the Easterns Novice title last year (Sasha Fegan was 2nd) and got to compete at 2023 Nationals in Junior for the experience (eta: placed 11th of 20). He also made his Team USA debut in Adv. Novice and won gold this past March in LUX. He's starting to land 3A in practice so if he doesn't qualify this year (likely after his FS; he did land both of his 3F), there's a lot to look forward to!

92.08 in FS, 147.12 total.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
I was able to read David Lu's coach's name on his credential - Marat Akbarov! (pair skater for the Soviet Union who's been coaching in VA for many years) - didn't recognize him with grey hair!

Group 2 of 4 men are warming up now.

Sylvia

TBD
Gutsy skate by Sasha Fegan - stood up on everything (7 triples) with some landing errors in his POTO FS but he held it together!!

ETA: 119.88 in FS, 175.46 total

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Fegan's coach is the most laidback coach I have ever seen. He looks like, "Oh, did you skate? You're in first? Good for you." :lol:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Kirk rocked that skate! :respec: No falls, only one pop, and even then he still managed to put it in a combo. And hamming it up during the bows, of course. :lol: What a little character he is. Into 1st, so he's got at least silver.

Sylvia

TBD
Jared Sedlis has qualified for his first Nationals!!

Kirk stood up on his 3A! (best attempt I’ve seen from him)
121.12 FS, 178.17 into 1st !!!! Celebration time in the kiss & cry :D

Sylvia

TBD
Kirk Haugeto (Aladdin OST): Rippon3Lz, 3A<? best one I’ve seen from him yet! Ripp3F, 3Lo (emphatic check out/landing positions!) - “Friend Like Me” 3S+2T into circle, 1Lz big pop+3?T<<?, big Russian split jump to 3F+2A+2T! Ends in kneeling prayer “genie” position LOL!

Lucius Kazanecki (The White Crow OST): 2A, 3F+2T, 3Lo nice flow out, 2A, Ripp3Lz fell out/hand? 3F+3T, Ripp3Lz+1Eu+3S step. Good ice coverage!
124.16 in FS, 188.32 he wins!!! High five with Tatiana Malinina! :cheer:

ETA link to FS protocols: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2023/30876/SEGM004.html

Medalists:
18Lucius Kazanecki, North Jersey FSC164.161124.16188.32
27Kirk Haugeto, SC of New York357.052121.12178.17
35Aleksandr Fegan, SC of New York455.583119.88175.46
46Jared Sedlis, SC of Boston260.644108.97169.61

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Look at what I just found on my computer in Cairo: Kirk’s Aladdin free skate! Nothing can cheer me up like this:

Kirk Haugeto is One of a Kind! 🤣

Sylvia

TBD
The final event yesterday - Novice Women SP - featured some excellent performances and skating! :)
Top 6:
1 Zhiqi Zhang, SC of Wilmington 52.35 - landed 3T+3Tb1, 2A, 3S [skated #14] "Mambo Italiano"; Viktor Pfeifer & Irina Romanova
2 Sofia Jarmoc, SC of Boston 47.48 - 3Lz+2T, 3F(!), 2A [skated #10] "Everything I Need" by Skylar Grey; Simon Shnapir
3 Jasmine Clarke, Washington FSC 47.37 - 3T+2T, 3S, 2A & all L4s [skated #22 of 24] female vocal with heavy beat; Tatiana Malinina & an older female coach who was very excited after hearing her score!
4 Jessica Choy, Essex SC of NJ 42.56 - Rippon 3Lz turnout, 3F+2T into circle, 2A [skated #5] "Rain, In Your Black Eyes"; Julia Lautowa
5 Kaya Tiernan, IceWorks SC 42.34 - 2T+3T, 3Lz, 2A fell out [skated #7, 1st in 2nd group] "Rainbow" by Kacey Musgraves; Alex Zahradnicek & Irina Romanova
6 Paige Parlapiano, North Jersey FSC 42.02 - 3Fq fell out/hand, 3S+2T, 2A [skated #13] Moonlight Sonata-flamenco guitar version; name of female coach?

Timestamped link to watch Zhiqi (Coco) Zhang's 1st place SP to "Mambo Italiano": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOfcyV5r934&t=5910s

Novice Women FS is scheduled as the final event today from 5:25-8:30 PM and will be livestreamed on USFS' YouTube channel.

Junior Women SP is about to start - 10 am Eastern time on Peacock, followed by Senior Women SP at 12:25 PM and Senior Men SP at 3:40 pm.

EASTERNS results page: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2023/30615/index.asp

Sylvia

TBD
Junior Women SP starting order/live results: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2023/30615/CAT008SEG012.html

1 Lindsey Byer, Jersey Coast FSC - Stephanie Roth is one of her coaches
2 Katie Turcotte, Finer Edge FSC (#10 NQS score in East); coached by Serhii Vaypan
3 Hazel Collier, SC of Boston - (#11 NQS score in East); freshman at George Washington Univ., now coached by Jason Wong
4 Gabriela Summer Panaligan, Ice House Of New Jersey FSC
5 Olivia Donayre, SC of New York (#8 NQS score in East); coached by Julia Lautowa
6 Mya Poe, Washington FSC

7 Maria Platonova, Panthers FSC (#2 NQS score in East)
8 Courali Clay, Palm Beach FSC (#5 NQS score in East)
9 Olivia Phillips, SC of Boston
10 Julianna Farrell, IceWorks SC
11 Melania Blecic, Great Neck FSC (#9 NQS score in East; competed as a Novice at Nationals last year)
12 Meghan Huffman, Philadelphia SC & HS

13 Sophie Joline von Felten, SC of Boston (SUI last season: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00110306.htm ; top NQS total score 174.19 in East; attempting 3A in FS & landing 3A+3T in practice)
14 Sofia Bezkorovainaya, Washington FSC (#3 NQS score in East; competed as a Novice at Nationals last year)
15 Clara Delcamino-Yang, Elite Edge SC (#7 NQS score in East)
16 Mia Barghout, SC of New York (in ISP; #4 NQS score in East)
17 Ela Cui, SC of Boston (in ISP; #6 NQS score in East; competed as a Novice at Nationals last year)
18 Massiel Gonzalez, Panthers FSC [accidentally left out her name in my earlier post]

(will edit in more info above during the event)

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Maria Platonova just put up an impressive score of 62.51!! Big air on her jumps: 3T+3T, 3Lz & 2A. She skated to a female cover of "Nothing Else Matters" and is coached by Andrew's dad, Artem Torgashev. This is her home rink. :)

I forgot to edit in above (just did) that Maria had the #2 NQS total score in East (165.88).

ETA: Top 4 finishers in Junior singles (in each of the 3 sections) will qualify for Nationals. The top 2 Novice singles skaters in each section are invited to compete in the Junior event at Nationals.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Sophie Joline von Felten fell out of the first jump in her planned 3F+3T so no combo, then fell out of a spin :(; nice Ina Bauer entry into 2A & landed 3Lz - in 8th.

Sofia Bezkorovainaya (female vocal in Spanish?) landed 3T+3T, 3Lz & 2A. happy kiss & cry with her & 3 women (Inna Volyanskaya is her primary coach, Irina Romanova & ?) - 54.55 2nd!

ETA that Clara Delcamino-Yang is skating to the same female vocal in French as Sophie used - jumps: 3Lz fell out, 3S+2T, 2A. In 7th.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Damon Allen is with Mia Barghout in the kiss & cry - she skated to "The Feeling Begins" and landed 3Lz, 2A, 3T step out 2T*? 51.18 into 3rd.

Ela Cui (sad Piazzolla tango for vioilin): 3T+3T, 1Lz :(, 2A - coached by Olga Ganicheva - 52.49 & goes into 3rd.

ETA:

Massiel Gonzalez skated to an Elvis Presley medley & is coached by Artem Torgashev

SP protocols: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2023/30615/SEGM012.html

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Senior Women SP starting order/live results: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2023/30615/CAT009SEG013.html

1 MacKenzie Gillespie, SC of Wilmington - coached by Roland Burghart
2 Jamiesen Cyr, Elite Edge SC - good to see Bobby Martin in the k&C again!
3 Kristine Levitina, Pines FSC - has been competing at Collegiate Nationals
4 Mae Carroll, North Atlantic FSC

5 Christie Lee Marshall, Elite Edge SC
6 Alex Evans, SC of New York (#3 NQS score in East of those competing here); coached by Derrick Delmore in LA
7 Sarah Everhardt, Washington FSC (in ISP; clear #1 NQS score 182.80 in East of those competing here); Tatiana Malinina is here (Skorniakov is in Angers with Ilia)
8 Gwen Bloesch, SC Of Southern New Jersey
9 Kimmie Nguyen, SC of Northern Virginia

[Ice resurfacing]

10 Jill Heiner, Annapolis SC (in ISP; returned from injury & #5 NQS score in East of those competing here); Malinina/Skorniakov
11 Vanessa Zhang, IceWorks SC
12 Anastasia Russ, Panthers FSC
13 Riley Solano Mathieson, North Shore SC - coached by Mirai Nagasu & Michael Bramante: https://www.instagram.com/p/CyOeQYmLq-Q/
14 Imogene Schwarz, SC of New York

15 Courtney Hicks, SC of Wilmington (#2 NQS score in East of those competing here); no coach here from CO Springs
16 Athena Boulas, Elite Edge SC
17 Lily Rauh, SC of Boston
18 Ting Cui, Baltimore FSC (in ISP; #4 NQS score in East of those competing here); Roland Burghart
19 Lilly Mills, SC of New York (#6 NQS score in East of those competing here)

Top 2 finishers here will qualify for Nationals; others will have to wait for the results/scores from the Pacific Coast & Midwestern Sectionals to find out whether or not their total score is high enough for one of the 3 remaining spots.

(will edit in more info, such as coaches I recognize, above during the event if I can)

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Alex Evans (“Black & Gold” jazzy female cover) - jumps: 3F+2T, 3Lo, 2A. 55.03

Sarah Everhardt (“I’ll Take Care of You” by Beth Hart) - 3T+3T, 2A, 3Lz a bit wild/hung on to landing. 58.72 in 1st.

ETA:

Bloesch (slowed down female cover of Aerosmith’s “Dream On”) - 2A, 3T+2T, 3Fq? turnout. Viktor Pfeifer & Alex Zahradnicek are in the kiss & cry with her.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Jill Heiner (kept last season’s Kacey Musgraves’ medley of “Rainbow” & “Dime Store Cowgirl”): 3F fall, 3Lz+2T into circle, 2A.

I wonder if Tatiana Malinina was sneaking peeks at Ilia’s FS in Angers on her phone? ;) Irina Romanova is also in the kiss & cry. Jill is talking a lot :D - 49.09 3rd.

Sylvia

TBD
Courtney Hicks ("Daylight" by David Kushner, choreo. and music editing by Jordan Moeller) - jumps: picked up speed going into 3F+2T, 3turns into 3Lo with good height, 2A fell out. Still a very good effort, considering she is working full-time and can't afford many lessons or to bring a coach from CO. Viktor Pfeifer is helping her out here :) ETA - (he coached her in CO beefore he moved) - 55.28 in 2nd!

ETA:

Athena Boulas (“Big Spender” that transitioned to a techno version?): good 2A, 3S+1T, 2T+2T oops.
To Bobby Martin & her other male coach upon hearing her score: “That’s my personal best!” :)

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Senior Women SP protocols: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2023/30615/SEGM013.html
Everhardt's combo was called 3T+3T< - she was the only one to receive all level 4s in spins & footwork.

Senior Men SP is scheduled to start at 3:40 pm ET on Peacock: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2023/30615/CAT010SEG014.html

Starting order:
1 Philip Baker, SC of Boston - on Boston University figure skating team; 5th at Collegiate Nationals in early Aug. 2023
2 Daniel Samohin, SC of Boston - his last international for ISR was Golden Spin in Dec. 2021; #3 NQS score in East 181.90
3 Emmanuel Savary, University of Delaware FSC - returned to comp. this season; #2 NQS score in East 207.09 (IIRC, coached by Peter Liu who graduated from UDel earlier this year)
4 Lucas Altieri, Boston University - returned to comp. this season; 4th at 2023 Collegiate Nationals
5 Will Annis, SC of Boston - #1 NQS score in East 209.58 (in ISP; coached by Olga Ganicheva/Aleksey Letov)
6 Jack Liu, SC of Boston - first year Senior; his coach Brad Vigorito posted that this is his "first time competing at the Finals as a singles skater in 3 years"

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Philip Baker (Coldplay's "Viva La Vida") - landed 3Lz+3T, 3F & 2A :) - think that was Boykio Alexiev Sergey Minaev? with him in the kiss & cry. 66.90

Daniel Samohin (male ballad in ? language) - jumps: 4T fall, 3A, 2Lz+3T step/hop out.
Sergey Minaev(?) and his father Igor joined him in the k&c. 68.21

Evgeniafan

Senior Women SP protocols: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2023/30615/SEGM013.html
Everhardt's combo was called 3T+3T< - she was the only one to receive all level 4s in spins & footwork.

Senior Men SP is scheduled to start at 3:40 pm ET on Peacock: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2023/30615/CAT010SEG014.html

Starting order:
1 Philip Baker, SC of Boston - on Boston University figure skating team; 5th at Collegiate Nationals in early Aug. 2023
2 Daniel Samohin, SC of Boston - his last international for ISR was Golden Spin in Dec. 2021; #3 NQS score in East 181.90
3 Emmanuel Savary, University of Delaware FSC - returned to comp. this season; #2 NQS score in East 207.09 (IIRC, coached by Peter Liu who graduated from UDel earlier this year)
4 Lucas Altieri, Boston University - returned to comp. this season; 4th at 2023 Collegiate Nationals
5 Will Annis, SC of Boston - #1 NQS score in East 209.58 (in ISP; coached by Olga Ganicheva/Aleksey Letov)
6 Jack Liu, SC of Boston - first year Senior; his coach Brad Vigorito posted that this is his "first time competing at the Finals as a singles skater in 3 years"
How many can make it to Nationals?

Sylvia

TBD
Top 2 finishers here will qualify for Nationals; others will have to wait for the results/scores from the Pacific Coast & Midwestern Sectionals to find out whether or not their total score is high enough for one of the 4 remaining spots.

Emmanuel Savary (music?): 4S step out, 2A, 3F+2T - 66.31 in 3rd.

Evgeniafan

Top 2 finishers here will qualify for Nationals; others will have to wait for the results/scores from the Pacific Coast & Midwestern Sectionals to find out whether or not their total score is high enough for one of the 4 remaining spots.

Emmanuel Savary (music?): 4S step out, 2A, 3F+2T - 66.31 in 3rd.
What about women?

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Altieri going for a 3r/3r is an interesting choice

Sylvia

TBD
Lucas Altieri ("Run Boy Run" by Woodkid): 3Lz, 2A, 3Lo+3Lo<? stepped back.I don't recognize his coaches in the k&c.
What about women?
Top 2 finishers here will qualify for Nationals; others will have to wait for the results/scores from the Pacific Coast & Midwestern Sectionals to find out whether or not their total score is high enough for one of the 3 remaining spots.
:)

65.44 & 4th for Altieri.

Sylvia

TBD
Will Annis - "The View Between Villages (Extended)" by Noah Kahan - jumps: 4T fall, 3A nice, 3Lz+2T.

ETA: 70.77 in 1st.

Jack Liu ("Bring Him Home" from Les Miz) - 3S fell out, 2A, 2F.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information