2023-24 Four National Championships (POL, HUN, CZE, SVK) Dec 14-16

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Final warm-up group for the women's SP is on the ice and it appears that Kurakova has gotten rid of that awful Adidas tracksuit costume she had earlier in the season. Her ISU bio still lists "Kill Bill" as the SP music.

ETA - yes, new dress - it's blush/dusty pink from the bust up then ombres into black for the skirt, sleeves are half length with a black cuff that has rhinestones, there are also rhinestones around the neck. And yes! New program - Valse Sentimentale by Tchaikovsky per Shazam. She botched the 3f+3lo - the 3lo was two-footed and landed forward, but the rest of the program was good and this is a much better fit for her than Kill Bill.

Top 5:
Kurakova 62.04
Brezinova 57.71
Doboszova 54.79
Selmekova 53.97
Vrankova 53.22

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
That was not Kill Bill, and I'm glad. I think she found what she needs -- a program that's beautiful and elegant and not twee. (Had to Shazam it -- it was Tchaikovsky.)

Karen-W

That was not Kill Bill, and I'm glad. I think she found what she needs -- a program that's beautiful and elegant and not twee. (Had to Shazam it -- it was Tchaikovsky.)
Yes, this is a much better program than the Kill Bill one. I only wish she'd also ditch her FS - which is boring and uninteresting.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Wasn’t Valse Sentimental her second SP in 2021-22?
Yes. She had a Rene Aubry program that I found pretty interesting but it didn’t last the full season.

Valse Sentimentale is a wonderful piece of music. Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze’s free skate to it is one of my all-time favorite programs.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Yes. She had a Rene Aubry program that I found pretty interesting but it didn’t last the full season.

Valse Sentimentale is a wonderful piece of music. Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze’s free skate to it is one of my all-time favorite programs.

My favorite Bolshoi ballerina, Genia Obraztsova, in Valse Sentimentale ballet miniature:

Wyliefan

I'd forgotten Katya skated that program before. I'm glad she had such a beautiful one ready to go back to.

Wyliefan

Livestream's down. Maybe there'll be a whole new one after the resurfacing?

Wyliefan

Oh, thanks! I got behind and didn't realize dance was done. Trying to do too many things at once. :D

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I saw it! Of course I missed most of Mrazeks due to a work interruption. :drama:

Ice Dance - Rhythm Dance
Result Details
Pl. NameNationTSS
=
TES
+
PCS
+
COPRSKDed.
-
StN.
1​
Katerina MRAZKOVA / Daniel MRAZEKCZE
74.86​
43.22​
31.64​
7.83​
7.96​
8.00​
0.00​
#6​
2​
Mariia IGNATEVA / Danijil Leonyidovics SZEMKOHUN
65.58​
37.32​
28.26​
7.00​
7.25​
7.00​
0.00​
#10​
3​
Maria Sofia PUCHEROVA / Nikita LYSAKSVK
65.56​
37.40​
28.16​
6.96​
7.08​
7.13​
0.00​
#4​
4​
Anna SIMOVA / Kirill AKSENOVSVK
62.09​
34.62​
27.47​
6.83​
7.04​
6.79​
0.00​
#2​
5​
Olivia OLIVER / Filip BOJANOWSKIPOL
61.42​
35.26​
26.16​
6.58​
6.67​
6.42​
0.00​
#7​
6​
Anastasia POLIBINA / Pavel GOLOVISHNIKOVPOL
58.15​
33.14​
25.01​
6.29​
6.38​
6.13​
0.00​
#3​
7​
Lucy HANCOCK / Illias FOURATIHUN
57.26​
33.10​
24.16​
6.00​
6.08​
6.08​
0.00​
#5​
8​
Emese CSISZER / Mark SHAPIROHUN
56.72​
32.45​
24.27​
6.00​
6.25​
6.00​
0.00​
#8​
9​
Sofiia DOVHAL / Wiktor KULESZAPOL
56.54​
32.42​
24.12​
6.13​
6.13​
5.88​
0.00​
#1​
10​
Olexandra BORYSOVA / Aaron FREEMANPOL
46.11​
25.44​
21.67​
5.58​
5.38​
5.33​
1.00​
#9​

Karen-W

FYI - the Czech FSA YT channel removes the live stream video as soon as the day is concluded. There appears to be a conflict with the final FD group at Four Nationals and the senior RD at Spanish Nationals. The Spanish livestream is available for replay, so choose wisely if you don't have multiple devices to watch simultaneously, lol.

Just double-checked the time schedules for both, and I think 4 Nats FD should be done just before the SN RD, but keep an eye on both in case something gets off schedule.

Last edited:

Karen-W

Brezinova's never gonna get a new FS.

ETA - she really struggled and fell behind Doboszova, Vrankova and Selmekova overall.

Last edited:

Karen-W

Borysova/Freeman are dressed like they're attending a country ball in the mid-19th century, yet the music is modern. I'm very confused.

Karen-W

What is up with the international junior POTOs dressing the woman in a dark dress? First Yahli Pedersen, now Sofiia Dovhal. Wiktor looks like he grabbed Aaron Freeman's costume from him as soon as he came off the ice, sans vest.

Karen-W

Csiszer/Shapiro - is she a flapper, a 19th century bordello girl or a Vegas showgirl? Hard to tell and neither the music nor his costume give any hints.

Karen-W

Hancock/Fourati - the costumes are more interesting than the program, but I'd wholeheartedly recommend something like these for McNamara/Spiridonov instead of her ridiculous booty shorts crap.

ETA - Fourati has a white dress shirt with a thin black tie, but from the armpits down, the shirt is covered by a black bustier - which is as weird as it sounds. Her dress is black with long sleeves that have a ruffled cuff around the wrists, and then skirt goes to about knee-length in the front with a slight train to just above her calves in the back, and there's an ombre black to coral to white inset-thingy (it's not really an inset, but really just extra fabric that flares out from the waist to the hemline) on the back. They really are quite interesting costumes.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I might have liked that from Hancock and Fourati if I had any sense of what the music is. I liked the costumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information