What happened to Skating Magazine?

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Found an old thread to bump up ... link to read the March April 2024 issue of SKATING magazine that's currently online:

I recently was told that SKATING will be published quarterly :( (from 8 issues/year - starting with the fall issue?).
They shouldn't "publish" it at all. This is the digital age. Publish stories as they happen on the website and send periodic emails when new stories come out or there is something interesting to say. It would be way cheaper than publishing a paper magazine (which I think they are still doing?) and it would make the magazine more timely and relevant to members.

mattiecat13

Found an old thread to bump up ... link to read the March April 2024 issue of SKATING magazine that's currently online:

I recently was told that SKATING will be published quarterly :( (from 8 issues/year - starting with the fall issue?).
I recently received am email from USFS to renew my Friends of Figure Skating membership. I noticed the reduced number of Skating magazine issues was listed as a benefit starting at the lowest $125 level. Membership price levels have increased but benefits have been reduced. At this time, you need to donate $750 to have the "opportunity" to purchase two $75 breakfast tickets at Skate America and Nationals. My friend donated $5,000 per year and received 4 breakfast tickets at SA and Nationals and 4 Brian Boitano Lounge tickets at Nationals. Now the amount has gone up to $7,000 and he would only receive 2 tickets for each. Not a good strategy to raise the subscription levels and reduce the benefits at the same time. He is currently rethinking his donation level.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
I recently received am email from USFS to renew my Friends of Figure Skating membership. I noticed the reduced number of Skating magazine issues was listed as a benefit starting at the lowest $125 level. Membership price levels have increased but benefits have been reduced. At this time, you need to donate $750 to have the "opportunity" to purchase two $75 breakfast tickets at Skate America and Nationals. My friend donated $5,000 per year and received 4 breakfast tickets at SA and Nationals and 4 Brian Boitano Lounge tickets at Nationals. Now the amount has gone up to $7,000 and he would only receive 2 tickets for each. Not a good strategy to raise the subscription levels and reduce the benefits at the same time. He is currently rethinking his donation level.

And to think they probably wouldnā€™t even use any of supposed increase in revenues to get a nicer backdrop for kiss and cry

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information