Links to Live streams, Archives, related Videos and Articles

Skate Talker

CBC Sports and CBC Gem live stream
Today I found the rest of the full-day links so decided to edit them all into my original post.
At this point it appears they have it set up for single links for all events each day.
(Please note the schedule is in Central Standard Time)

TUESDAY JANUARY 9
13:00 - 15:25 JUNIOR MEN SHORT PROGRAM
15:45 - 17:16 JUNIOR PAIR SHORT PROGRAM
17:40 - 20:05 JUNIOR WOMEN SHORT PROGRAM
20:25 - 22:30 JUNIOR DANCE RHYTHM DANCE

WEDNESDAY JANUARY 10
10:45 - 13:28 JUNIOR MEN FREE PROGRAM
13:50 - 15:03 JUNIOR SYNCHRONIZED SKATING SHORT PROGRAM
15:25 - 17:05 JUNIOR PAIR FREE PROGRAM
17:05 - 17:35 Victory Ceremony Junior Pair & Men
17:55 - 20:38 JUNIOR WOMEN FREE PROGRAM
21:00 - 23:19 JUNIOR DANCE FREE DANCE
23:19 - 23:49 Victory Ceremony Junior Dance & Women

THURSDAY JANUARY 11
18:00 - 19:21 JUNIOR SYNCHRONIZED SKATING FREE PROGRAM
19:45 - 20:07 SENIOR SYNCHRONIZED SKATING SHORT PROGRAM
20:07 - 20:35 Victory Ceremony Junior Synchro

FRIDAY JANUARY 12
11:40 - 14:05 SENIOR WOMEN SHORT PROGRAM
14:25 - 16:17 SENIOR DANCE RHYTHM DANCE
16:40 - 17:00 OPENING CEREMONY
17:15 - 18:52 SENIOR PAIR SHORT PROGRAM
19:15 - 19:41 SENIOR SYNCHRONIZED SKATING FREE PROGRAM
20:05 - 22:25 SENIOR MEN SHORT PROGRAM
22:25 - 22:45 Victory Ceremony Senior Synchro

SATURDAY JANUARY 13
11:00 - 13:55 SENIOR WOMEN FREE PROGRAM
14:15 - 16:29 SENIOR DANCE FREE DANCE
16:29 - 17:05 Victory Ceremony Dance & Women
17:25 - 19:19 SENIOR PAIR FREE PROGRAM
19:40 - 22:28 SENIOR MEN FREE PROGRAM
22:28 - 22:58 Victory Ceremony Men & Pair

SUNDAY JANUARY 14
15:00 - 17:30 EXHIBITION GALA

Nothing here yet, of course, but here's the link to the Skate Canada live stream webpage - https://skatecanada.ca/2024-canadian-national-skating-championships/#live-stream

Daily motion live stream links are still pending but should eventually show up here - https://www.dailymotion.com/skatecanada

Likewise Daily Motion archives should eventually show up here - https://www.dailymotion.com/skatecanada/videos

Last edited:

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Fingers crossed for Daily Motion French broadcast. I need to get my ears tuned up before Montreal.

Aceon6

Anyone know if I will automatically be connected to the French stream if I VPN from Montreal? Or would I need to search in French?

Skate Talker

That's the way it has been done on Daily Motion, both language links on the same page. If for some reason you want to find the French version of CBC sports you have to go to the French language SRC (ici radio-canada) site.
- https://ici.radio-canada.ca/sports

I looked around there a bit but didn't find the live stream links, though I did find archive links to this season's Grand Prix events. It may be they are just not up yet.

Skate Talker

Yes Ted explained that Kevin Reynolds is doing an exam or something and also will be judging so not available. Kaetlyn commented that she is happy because she gets to talk more, lol.
Kaitlyn Weaver is doing the host job with Kirsten Moore-Towers providing analysis.

And thanks to danafan we have are first archived links. Cross posting this from the Junior play by play thread.

Skate Talker

And here are the links to the Junior Pairs Short Program
French - https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8rbe6t
English - https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8rbe6s

These archived videos have the same issues as we experienced during live streaming. Specifically, the English feed had live audio of the 3rd team, Desrochers/Thrasher, but the video was frozen on the kiss'n cry of the previous pair. Video and audio without commentary returned for the 2nd group, but commentary didn't return until part way through the warm up of the 3rd group.

Apparently the live stream of the French version didn't freeze so the Desrochers/Thrasher video is intact, but they also lost commentary for the 2nd group.

Last edited:

Debrah

Curious minds want to know if... Ok, I want to know if a healthy Roman Sadovsky and all his luggage \(esp., his skates) made it to Calgary today, as scheduled. I so want to see him skate both his programs, as well as possible for this point in his recovery process; pretty please skate Gods hear my plea!

Please get some bodies into seats to provide some energy, it's time to contact area schools to come watch the skating for free!

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Curious minds want to know if... Ok, I want to know if a healthy Roman Sadovsky and all his luggage \(esp., his skates) made it to Calgary today, as scheduled. I so want to see him skate both his programs, as well as possible for this point in his recovery process; pretty please skate Gods hear my plea!

Please get some bodies into seats to provide some energy, it's time to contact area schools to come watch the skating for free!
Skate Canada posted a photo on X to say that both he and his skates arrived (the skates were mentioned in the French post) :)

Last edited:

danafan

Canadian ladies über
I guess they aren't streaming senior practices this year? Is anyone at the rink with any info?

shutterbug

I guess they aren't streaming senior practices this year? Is anyone at the rink with any info?
I was at the rink for the last 2 groups of pairs and the last 2 groups of men. I'm in the hotel this evening, so feel free to ask any questions you might have. I can confirm Roman (and his skates :lol:) were on the ice. His new SP is stunning, real departure for him choreographically. Jumps looked reasonably solid. Gogolev didn't practice, but was in the building. 🤷‍♀️

Huge snark - today at practice was the coldest I have ever been in an inside space, including when I skated in an unheated building wearing a long down filled coat with the hood up. The forecast is calling for even colder temperatures tomorrow, no idea how we're going to manage watching a full day of competition.

Aceon6

I’m trying to use the DailyMotion app on my Fire tv. When I go to log in, the onscreen keyboard doesn’t pop up. Is there a trick?

Desperado

I didn’t expect the Gem feed to be the Dailymotion feed (super dark and not crisp). I appreciate the free access very much, but the lack of quality makes me sad. Canadian skating has lost lustre.

skatingguy

decently
I didn’t expect the Gem feed to be the Dailymotion feed (super dark and not crisp). I appreciate the free access very much, but the lack of quality makes me sad. Canadian skating has lost lustre.
I think that's the lighting in the arena. We have to be very clear that there is no TV production for the Canadian Figure Skating Championships. CBC can't afford to purchase the rights, and so Skate Canada is producing the competition themselves.

Desperado

I think that's the lighting in the arena. We have to be very clear that there is no TV production for the Canadian Figure Skating Championships. CBC can't afford to purchase the rights, and so Skate Canada is producing the competition themselves.
I know, that’s why I find it sad.

victorskid

Having watched the brief Opening Ceremonies, my :cat: believes it must be time for another feeding before more skating starts!

😸

victorskid

The DailyMotion stream on the event page is running - apparently they are going to stream the Gala - I wonder how many "bums in seats" there will be???

victorskid

The DailyMotion stream on the event page is running - apparently they are going to stream the Gala - I wonder how many "bums in seats" there will be???
Commentary by Ted Barton & Nam Nguyen (and their mikes are still open as Ted advises Nam on what they will be talking about later, about the organization, etc.) :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information