Grand Prix de France 2023 Free Dance - “The Umbrellas of Cheer/Boo”

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
She is exquisite :swoon:
And I won't hide that they are my faves.
There are some really good elements here and a strong foundation.
But they clearly need more mileage so muscle memory takes over and they can really exude passion.

I am also not sold on the final part of the music edit. Feel like Danse mon Esmeralda is just tacked on there.

It will take the season to build this and tweak it but fingers crossed for Montreal.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I would not be surprised if Z/K had one of those meteoric rises in scores at Nationals. A lot is going to depend on how they do at Espoo, but I think even if CPom beat them there, Z/K have a chance at beating them at Nationals just because they have momentum and I feel like CPom, like M/S, have been stuck in the same place for a while. Obviously CPom stuck in a HIGHER place than M/S, but still stuck.

If I were in USFS (and we can all breathe a sigh of relief that I'm not) I'd be looking ahead to Milan and even further than that for setting up the next Olympic cycle.
Maybe, but if I were in USFS, I would also be considering the implications of sending two untried teams to Worlds. Chock/Bates can be counted on to finish high, but they can't hold on to three places all by themselves. CPom at least have one Worlds under their belts.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Her dress is lovely. I appreciate that they tried to give him a little color to go with it, but unfortunately it looks like he dipped his arms in blood.

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
Well, Guinard/Fabbri have always been my least favorite Italian ice-dance couple, and they still have their limitations, but they totally won me over the past 3-4 seasons. Their skating is just better than anything else in this competition, and they have quite a lot of interesting and unusual positions and steps for me not to feel bored.
So, goooo them.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Still some stuff to clean up, certainly they are capable seeing how technically proficient they are.

I do wish they'd venture outside the 'safe' realm and do more stuff like the Bowie FD, but I'll always be a purist at heart. And for me, just like I ranted all season last season, this team is the best in the world. There is just no comparison and I wish the judges would properly reward it.

Allen

Glad to be back!
For whatever reason I've never connection with G/F. Maybe it's because I LOVE "Arrival of Birds," but I found myself enjoying their skating today more than just appreciating their talent.

skatingguy

decently
Guignard, Charlene/Fabbri, Marco 🇮🇹
Coach: Barbara Fusar Poli, Roberto Pelizzola
Music: The Theory of Everything

Choreo Assisted Jump
SyTwW4+SyTwM4
Curve Lift 4 + Rotational Lift 4
CiStW
4(3 after review)+CiStM3
Dance Spin 4
Choreo Character Step Sequence
OFTW
4+OFTM4 (both 3 after review)
Choreo Slide Move

Stationary Lift 4

This program was slow build for me, but by the choreographic character step sequence I was sold. Won't be upset if they win Worlds. Chills, and tears. 😢

127.92 = 1st Place
214.54 = 1st Place

Last edited:

pat c

G/F awesome. It flowed..........their skates, hair, teeth, costume. ;) Very nice.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
G/F were just lovely. Just a good, solid dance and routine. It's not going to be a classic that we'll talk about for years to come, but it is a clinic on what ice dance should be as it was in fact actual ice dance, not just a series of moves and lifts.

"Transcended expectations" Oh Mark I love you; never change.

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
Charlene actually being able to do strong and smooth one foot turns. :swoon:

They need to change the slide, the exit isn’t improving, so it slows them down and looks sloppy in sharp contrast to their other technical precisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information