23 Japan Nationals Women SP PBP

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Seems like Japanese nationals women's results are usually wild and crazy. Already on the edge of my seat for the free! :watch:

Last edited:

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Are there full results anywhere? From checking @Tak posts I get this:
1. Kaori
2. Mako
3. Mona
4. Mai
5. Mana

Is that right?

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
And we still have the long program to go through :eek: Who knows what the results will look like. Other than Kaori :D

I loved Mone Chiba when I saw her earlier in the season, I'm afraid to hope here though. And Mako was one of my favorites a couple years ago, so this is exciting.

OTOH, Rion :fragile:

And all fingers crossed for Mai. 🤞

Stephanie

Rino Matsuike
One day I will fly away
2A
3F 1.33
FCamSp3
3Lz turns 3T Fall
StSq3
CComSp2
LbSp3
That Junior Worlds ticket is still up for grabs between Yo and Rino, though neither skated well in the SP.
58.97 10th
Could Mone Chiba not be considered for junior worlds also? She has the minimums from last season. 4CCs might be a better fit for her, though, depending on how she does in the FS

Tak

Could Mone Chiba not be considered for junior worlds also? She has the minimums from last season. 4CCs might be a better fit for her, though, depending on how she does in the FS
The Selection Criteria Document issued by JSF a week ago, listed for Junior Worlds
Mao Shimada (selected due to her winning JPN Juniors)
Rena Uezono (most likely due to Bronze at JGPF and 2nd highest SB after Mao)
Hana Yoshida
Rino Matsuike
Ikura Kushida
Yo Takagi
Since Ikura Kushida failed to advance to the free at Senior Nationals, she is now out of contention.
Rino Matsuike was Junior Champion in 2020 when Junior Worlds was cancelled, so she never competed in Junior Worlds.
Since neither Mone nor Hana competed in Junior Worlds, and they are both age eligible, I can see JSF choosing Hana if other options do not work out. Mone is not likely since her name is not on the selection criteria document for Junior Worlds.

Stephanie

The Selection Criteria Document issued by JSF a week ago, listed for Junior Worlds
Mao Shimada (selected due to her winning JPN Juniors)
Rena Uezono (most likely due to Bronze at JGPF and 2nd highest SB after Mao)
Hana Yoshida
Rino Matsuike
Ikura Kushida
Yo Takagi
Since Ikura Kushida failed to advance to the free at Senior Nationals, she is now out of contention.
Rino Matsuike was Junior Champion in 2020 when Junior Worlds was cancelled, so she never competed in Junior Worlds.
Since neither Mone nor Hana competed in Junior Worlds, and they are both age eligible, I can see JSF choosing Hana if other options do not work out. Mone is not likely since her name is not on the selection criteria document for Junior Worlds.
Thank you! Hopefully Mone will be able to get 4CCs then

Reactions: Tak

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information