23 Japan Nationals Men Short PBP

Hedwig

Antique member
Shoma Uno

4flip
4toe2toe - oh he will get a stern talking to
3axel
wonderful skate all in all, I love how he incorporates the elements into the rest of his skating

Tak

Shoma Uno
Everything Everywhere all at once
4F 2.99
4T+2T 2.58
FCamSp4
3A 2.67
StSq4
CSSp4
CComSp4
Full Standing Ovation
Deservedly first, I hope.
104.69 First by a mile.
Interview of Shoma before the final skater Yoshioka.
Shoma; The "Edited to add: boot" condition was not so good so a little bit watered down performance.

Last edited:

Hedwig

Antique member
Nozomu Yoshioka

4toe3toe nice, not much length, but nice
3axel tiny wobble
3z

really good skate but after Yuma and Shoma hard to skate, the differences in quality are noticable
Standing ovation for him, how nice!

Hedwig

Antique member
in how many hours will the women start now? ah, only tomorrow, is that right?

Tak

Nozomu Yoshioka
4T+3T
3A
FSSp4
3Lz
CCamSp4
StSq4
CCom Sp4
Full Standing Ovation!
Good performance to end the evening.
Good for Nozomu
8th!

Hedwig

Antique member
Here you can download the skater scores:

Kao got no value for final spin, otherwise he would be in second. What a shame! And he got a V for the combo spin which cost him at least another point. That must have been the camel feature that he did not hold long enough. But I don't know what the issue was with the final spin.

Tak

What really upset me was that Technical Panel invalided one entire spin and then assessed V on another spin of Kao Miura. Another arbitrary call was wrong edge call on Shun Sato 4F, since it does not matter if F or Lz is used as solitary quad in SP, as long as F or Lz is not used as part of combination jump. It is important to avoid repetition of jump types in SP. While it is understandable if it is free program and both Lz and F are used, since then it might contravene Zayak rule. "e" is too harsh, "!" would have been understandable in this circumstance, since it is basically "mistyping" error.
The cleanest two programs, jumpwise, lost 5-7 points because of this.
I do not agree that Technical Panel dictate rankings, that has always been the prerogative of the nine judges.

Last edited:

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Miura’s spins are his weakness and this is not the first time he’s gotten V calls on them this season. It doesn’t have to be a conspiracy or an arbitrary attack against him, but IF the tech panel scrutinised his spins more closely than others’, I’m guessing the message they wanted to send out was that a skater of his calibre who will be expected to step up and be Japan’s #2 or even #1 in the future needs to bring his spins up to a respectable level, not that the federation hates him. But again, I wouldn’t assume they were going out of their way to hurt his score.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information