2024 Challenge Cup - Feb 22-25 - Tilburg NED

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I didn't see any actual mistakes, just a few rough spots, but that was not S/D's best. They looked a little tired. Still, they probably did enough.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Not too shabby from Olivia & Tim. They changed the opening so that it's a full-on lift rather than the choreo assisted jump which they were sometimes getting dinged on earlier in the season.

Karen-W

Can't see the tracker well, but it looks like S/D are losing some levels here and there. I swear I need to keep a magnifying glass in here. :rolleyes:
L4L1 for the one-foot steps, L4L4 for the twizzles (but Tim was wobbling around so I think he might have his lowered on review), L3L2 for the last step sequence. Everything else was good. Not great but I think that has more to do with the changes they've made to the program since December and still getting a feel for the revised program.

Karen-W

DemLeM - L3L3 for the circular steps, L4L4 for the twizzles (Theo looked off-balance on the first one, so he might lose a level on review), L2L2 for one-foot steps. Not terrible but they seemed just a bit off today.

Wyliefan

D/L looked slow again today, and a little messy, but they had a good lead from the RD, so I think they're fine.

Wyliefan

Yep, they got it. Didn't even need the cushion. Medal ceremony coming up.

Wyliefan

Miraculously, the scores are finally up.
FPl.NameNationPointsRDFD
1Loicia DEMOUGEOT / Theo le MERCIER
FRA.GIF
FRA
2Olivia SMART / Tim DIECK
ESP.GIF
ESP
3Alicia FABBRI / Paul AYER
CAN.GIF
CAN
4Mariia IGNATEVA / Danijil Leonyidovics SZEMKO
HUN.GIF
HUN
5Charise MATTHAEI / Max LIEBERS
GER.GIF
GER
6Hanna JAKUCS / Alessio GALLI
NED.GIF
NED
7Adrienne CARHART / Oleksandr KOLOSOVSKYI
AZE.GIF
AZE
8Viktoriia AZROIAN / Artur GRUZDEV
ARM.GIF
ARM
9Chelsea VERHAEGH / Sherim van GEFFEN
NED.GIF
NED
10Natalia PALLU-NEVES / Jayin PANESAR
BRA.GIF
BRA
11Gaukhar NAURYZOVA / Boyisangur DATIEV
KAZ.GIF
KAZ
12Shira ICHILOV / Dmytriy KRAVCHENKO
ISR.GIF
ISR
13India NETTE / Eron WESTWOOD
AUS.GIF
AUS
14Emma KIVIOJA / Erik PELLNOR
SWE.GIF
SWE

Wyliefan

Verhaegh/Van Geffen just got a medal for ... something? For being from the Netherlands, maybe?

Karen-W

Verhaegh/Van Geffen just got a medal for ... something? For being from the Netherlands, maybe?
Dutch champions. This event is also Dutch Nationals.

ETA - oops, no, that would be Jakus/Galli. No idea why Verhaegh/van Geffen got a medal afterwards.

Wyliefan

Oh, my -- I've just noticed that the dreaded ! for ChSt1 is showing up all over the protocol sheets again, just like at Egna. Five teams got it, including the top four. So this is going to be a thing now. I hope every team going to Worlds is aware.

Karen-W

Oh, my -- I've just noticed that the dreaded ! for ChSt1 is showing up all over the protocol sheets again, just like at Egna. Five teams got it, including the top four. So this is going to be a thing now. I hope every team going to Worlds is aware.
You know, this is the sort of crap that should not be happening this late in the season. These teams have all competed at multiple internationals with these programs for nearly 6 months.

Wyliefan

I have GOT to stop scheduling appointments and errands on Saturday mornings. :( Well, I should be able to watch through Pezzetta at least. But I'm not sure if I'll be home in time for part 1 of the Italian pairs showdown.

Wyliefan

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I haven't been following skating super closely this year, but why on earth is Kaori here? Has she not competed enough?

Karen-W

I haven't been following skating super closely this year, but why on earth is Kaori here? Has she not competed enough?
She hasn't competed since Japanese Nats 2 months ago, so my guess is she wanted a tune-up ahead of Worlds.

Karen-W

Woooohooo! Looking at the detailed Men's results and Gabriel Folkesson got the FS min he needed to be eligible for Worlds (not a bad thing if Nordeback isn't healthy enough now).

maureenfarone

Just a guess on my part but she hasn't competed since December when she won the GPF and JPN Nationals. Maybe she considers this competition a warm up for Worlds in March.

maureenfarone

Getting a "stream is offline" message. Sure am glad I shelled out good money for this thing. :rolleyes:
I logged out and then got invalid credentials and had to reset my p/w. Still no stream. Times aren't available and since there was a withdrawal I wonder what the starting time really is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information