Junior Men - SP & FS

LeafOnTheWind

Late to the party because work expected me to work.

Much love to Alek Tankovic for skating to Poor Man's Poison "Hell's Coming with Me"

Dobre

Random thoughts from the junior men's event today:

1. The second group of men, today, had some next-level diversity. That was so great to see. I hope it is a sign for the seniors & the higher rankings of the future.

2. I really enjoyed Jon Maravilla's performance today. He was new to me, and I'm not surprised the lutz landing wasn't called clean; but that was a very nice skate.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
When should I be back for the last group/Kirk Haugeto? EST. About 1:10pm? That should give me time to catch him live.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Rudedenman has very lovely skating
He needs to hold things more and really commit to the choreography though. At least here. Yesterday I felt like he as committed but kind of all over the place.

He has promise though.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Another damn cover. There better be some real Queen in there. (I know there won't be.)

ETA that shirt is awesome though.

crzesk8dad

Where am I? How do I get off? Do I get ice cream?
wait why do I say he's wd or why does it make sense? I just think the tight turn around for pairs is why it makes sense. That's a lot.
Got it. I was concerned that you were criticizing him for the WD as he was 16th in SP. Now I feel better. Thanks.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Got it. I was concerned that you were criticizing him for the WD as he was 16th in SP. Now I feel better. Thanks.
lol no! I think it's a good choice for him. Don't want to overdo it here especially with junior worlds to think of.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
lol no! I think it's a good choice for him. Don't want to overdo it here especially with junior worlds to think of.
I just had a big convo with Mr Mac over the kids still doing singles when they also do pairs or dance. It seems pretty common. Charlie White did it.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I just had a big convo with Mr Mac over the kids still doing singles when they also do pairs or dance. It seems pretty common. Charlie White did it.
I admire skaters who do it, and I think it probably can be good for some. But in this case, with a much bigger competition to look to, I think you may just want to think carefully about risking potential injury by doing an additional event. If he had skated today I'd have supported him, but also I think it makes sense to be cautious too. Lol I contain legions.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I admire skaters who do it, and I think it probably can be good for some. But in this case, with a much bigger competition to look to, I think you may just want to think carefully about risking potential injury by doing an additional event. If he had skated today I'd have supported him, but also I think it makes sense to be cautious too. Lol I contain legions.
I'm just wondering what the motivation is. To do both. With Pairs, I can see it move because both disciplines have jumps. But for Dance? Doing Singles seems like a distraction for them.

sk8nlizard

I’m a bit behind the feed, but is Rydein’s coach his sister/aunt/mom? She looks pretty young but in the program it looks like someone with the same last name coaches him.

mtnskater

Caleb Farrington was killing the jumps on the warm up. More shaky in the performance. Also lovely posture! Much potential! Junior men better than women on the posture front so far 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information