2023 Skate America Pairs FS - The Fellow Throws of Texas

Primorskaya

Whatever screamer y'all are talking about must be near a mic because i don't really hear it in here
Glad for you because I was just thinking this must be unendurable for ppl in the arena. it reminds me of nothing more than the foxes who used to fight over our bins when I lived in London.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Never in my life did I think Trennt would end up with a career turnaround like this. So improved, and I knew Lia was going to be a star the first time I saw them skate. I used to complain tirelessly about how BAD he was in the lifts and throughout the programs.

Selfishly I still think she should partner up with Nagy. I don't care which country they represent.

This music still manages to give me chills, just like it first did in the closing moments of the very first Amazing Race ;)

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Perreira & Michaud have a GOE problem. I don't know how high their ceiling is score wise, but their twist and lifts are going to keep holding them back, even if they land their jumps.

VGThuy

Sometimes I thing the SBS jumps should be judged separately like a lot of the dance moves, but it might score some teams down even more.
I can see the appeal of that, but I kind of hate how elements are judged separately for partners because when they were judged together, it made failing on ice dance elements much more costly, and it was kind of exciting for competition. It also emphasizes the “team” aspect more.

But separate scoring makes it even more transparent for the skaters to know what they need to work on.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
Seriously though, aside from the rhinestones Trennt's shirt being weirdly sleeveless makes him look like these dude bros that come into the store I work at and mess with out laptop displays so I need him to put sleeves on his shirt.

skatingguy

decently
Pereira, Lia/Michaud, Trennt 🇨🇦
Coach: A. Purkiss, N. Lemaire, D. Schmidt, M. Marinaro
Music: Gladiator (soundtrack ) by Hans Zimmer

3Tw
3T+2A<+SEQ - she fell on the 1st of two planned 2As

Throw 3Lo - two foot landing
3S
5 Rev Lasso Lift 4
Back Inside Death Sp
Choreo Sequence
Throw 3S
5 Axel Lasso Lift 4
3 Lift 4
Pair Combo Spin 4

Too bad about the opening combo of side-by-side jumps because they landed the toe-loops fine, and then she lost the double Axel which she'll be kicking herself for. Still first Grand Prix medal, and a chance to make the final. Program needs a lot of work, and really if you're giving us Trennt arms make the shirt a little tighter to show off the chest.

Last edited:

VGThuy

Whatever screamer y'all are talking about must be near a mic because i don't really hear it in here
Imagine all of us watching on tv giving somebody grief and making all sorts of comments about them when they were just screaming normally in the arena like everybody else is, but just so happened to be unknowingly sitting near microphone. :lol:

Sally1214

Darn that mistake on the jump sequence. A few other glitches here and there but Lia and Trennt are just such beautiful skaters.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Liu/Nagy - not gonna beat the top two with a double throw, her jump issues continue, he is superb - there is potential, but I think they'll be beaten by both McBeath/Parkman and Efimova/Mitrofanov at Nats.

PerMich - trying to make it close by botching the combo and then two-footing the 1st throw landing. But, not really, lol.

Now, let's see HocKun can throw this potential win away, lol.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I can see the appeal of that, but I kind of hate how elements are judged separately for partners because when they were judged together, it made failing on ice dance elements much more costly, and it was kind of exciting for competition. It also emphasizes the “team” aspect more.

But separate scoring makes it even more transparent for the skaters to know what they need to work on.
With pair skaters it's really challenging. When both skaters nail the jump sequence, they'd score higher. When one makes an error, they'd only get one deduction, but if both screw up, it would be a disaster. And, I get that it would be a real PITA for the technical caller. It's easier to give one score. So few do really good synchronized SBS jumps which should be the goal. For those that do, they are awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information