2023 Skate America Mens SP - Malininguena

slicekw

Searching for a great dog park.
Only thing worse than crappy Lion King recording is crappy cuts of Lion King recording.

Vlad was enjoyable. He has a nice dance quality. Aze should try pairing him with a female skater.

skatingguy

decently
Litvintsev, Vladimir, Azerbaijan
Coach: Victoria Butseava, Evgeny Vlasov
Music: Circle of Life (The Lion Kingsoundtrack)

4Tq - fall
3A

Fly Camel Spin 4
3F+3T
Ch Sit Spin 3
Step Sequence 3
Ch Combo Spin 4

This is neither here nor there, but there are no tigers in the Lion King. @tony really talked up this guy's skating quality during last season's world championships, and I was looking forward to seeing new programs. This was not what I would have expected. I'm not sold on this program for him.

74.61 = 1st Place

Last edited:

peibeck

Simply looking
Litvintsev: this music edit is almost as terrible as his shirt. Too much arm flapping, be a Lion, king, not Zazou the fraidy-cat bird.

Sally1214

Come on, Gogolev ... try to live up to your very much over-hyped potential from years ago when you were barely tall enough to see over the boards. Rooting for ya, buddy. 🇨🇦 🇨🇦

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Wait! I get it now! The shirt is a LIGER!! "pretty much my favorite animal. . . bred for its skills in magic."

And now for something completely different: Gogolev has selected a costume from the Nathan Chen Collection.

Sylvia

TBD
Wasn''t Litvintsev's coach in the k&c that Russian ice dancer who's in the USA .... name??

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Quad fail streak broken with a nice 4-3 combo. . . and then he goes down on the sal. Looks like he's grown a LOT--he looks rather gangly, like he needs some time to grow into his body.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
I'm not sure how much this program needed that shimmy. :rofl:
Not sure if the program needed it, but the shirt sure did.

The absolute feckery of this program--it's the ultimate EuroTrash paint-by-numbers program. The tiger print for the lion king. The dance break middle. THE TEETH. The shiny, the come-hither lion paws. I mean, this is almost Tonya Harding levels of weirdness and I AM HERE FOR IT. MORE TIGER KING. MORE SHIMMY.

I just snorted Red Blend out my nose when this music came on. From Disco Lion King to Angst I Shall Emote...WITH ARMS!, this is why I watch skating.

peibeck

Simply looking
Google manages to be the first guy to land his first jump then screws up the next two jumping passes. :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information